My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you have any kind of work done on your property,( I am going to have some trees cut), do you ask to see their insurance or ask them to sign a waiver form? Just trying to be cautious. :dunno: Obviously I am talking about Roof, Tree and other higher risk concerns.
thanks

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Usually a reputable company will advertise the fact that they're insured. We've used the same local company for probably 10 years, so I'm not exactly sure what you'd do when getting somebody new,

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ask for a Certificate of Liability Insurance. To be smart, ask for a hard copy sent by their Insurance Company to you. This is no big deal, unless you are dealing with someone who doesn't have one. Liability Insurance is not real expensive and all companies should have it. If they don't have it and you use them anyway, you are exposing yourself to a lot of problems.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Yes, they need to be insured with L&I.

Sometimes city halls have a lists of reputable contractors to use if you ask for it.

Check out the permit process and what's required at your city hall, particulary their requirements for contractors. Most cities will not issue a permit for work that's being done by a contractor that is not licensed or insured.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had tree wok done here a few years ago and the people who did the work gave me a copy of their liability insurance, just to be sure I called the company and yep they were on the up and up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts