My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning and happy new year.

I just joined this group yesterday. I have no experience with Toro equipment or zero turns. I am helping a friend out by going over his Toro Timecutter.

I am replacing all of the belts on this machine. The pumps seem to function well, and I would like to change out the fluid.

There are tubes that extend up behind the seat that connect to the pumps. There is piece with a small opening at the top of each tube and a cap that fits over that insert. Apparently it provides a vent for the pump. I can not see any way that was designed to check the level of the fluid in each pump. Likewise I don't see any way of draining the pumps to facilitate renew fluid.

Any help in checking the fluid level as well as draining the pumps would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pumps on this particular machine do not provide a way to drain the fluid. Apparently if you remove a plate on the bottom of the pump the fluid will drain. However, I was warned by a tech that after doing that many times the area around the plate will leak. I was told that if you added too much fluid the excess would be discharged through the breather tubes.

It seems like an odd setup but that was what I was told.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts