My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum,

Here's another rookie question. Is it possible to change the hydro oil in my "new to me" SS 5000 Time Cutter? Not having any service tickets or knowing when or if it had ever been changed, I would at least like to establish a benchmark for my schedule.

Thoughts 0-turn vets?

Marc

·
Registered
101 Posts
It appears your machine comes with a Hydro Gear trans (one left hand, one right hand). According to the manufacture, they come filled and factory sealed and don't normally require service. But, there is procedure to refresh the oil if needed. It involves removing the unit and dumping the oil out, then refill. There is also a purge sequence to do also. Not hard to do, just time consuming.
Attached is a sample link from Hydro gear outlining the procedure. This may or may not be your unit (ZT2200 series), you have have to check your parts break down by model and serial to be sure.
Hydro Gear ZT2200 service manual (link)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears your machine comes with a Hydro Gear trans (one left hand, one right hand). According to the manufacture, they come filled and factory sealed and don't normally require service. But, there is procedure to refresh the oil if needed. It involves removing the unit and dumping the oil out, then refill. There is also a purge sequence to do also. Not hard to do, just time consuming.
Attached is a sample link from Hydro gear outlining the procedure. This may or may not be your unit (ZT2200 series), you have have to check your parts break down by model and serial to be sure.
Hydro Gear ZT2200 service manual (link)
Thank you laser3kw !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts