My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Blower from a friend to see If I could get it going again.. He Straight gassed it and then broke the pull cord trying to get it to start again..

I Put a Wrench on the drive pulley and freed up the engine.. However testing the compression showed only about 2Lbs.. (1.75 to be exact)

However, I sprayed some starter fluid into the carb and hit the electric start..

And By Golly if that thing didn't start right up!!

-Stan :dunno:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice work!

As long as it still makes power and runs decent, keep on using it. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
You may of had a leak on the test? 2lbs would be tough to get the right amount of air/fuel mix and compression to create proper combustion.

Sounds like it has a will to live though! Run it as long as you can ;) :2th:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, My tester is spec.. I repaired the Pull starter and it feels like you are barely pulling an engine over.. It just spins..

The owner wrote it off as a loss so I suppose I will use it a bit over the winter..

It's incredibly small size makes it nice to do paths and things like that..

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder if there could be a hairline crack in the head from it getting so hot?
Maybe, But I doubt it.. I think there would be oil visible like on other engines I've seen..

If I decide to keep it, It will require new paddles I think.. They seem fairly worn out.. And they throw a lot of snow out the front..

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll Put a new rope in the starter, Put on a new Primer bulb and screw the case together..

As I mentioned the customer Just did a write off and went and bought one of those new MTD Blowers with those Honda Copy Engines on it..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Had mine out today and did my drive and the in-laws' dive and side walks. I'm always impressed by how much these little things will work!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Watched this other day Kori! Sweet little machine! Use it and enjoy the freebie! ;)
Tough little thing!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts