My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Not an experienced 2 cycle guy so, on that note, how is it seized?
Did you take the plug out and see if the cylinder is full of fuel? If it is indeed stuck, transmission fluid, marvel mystery oil, PB blaster have been known to unstick a piston. Just pour it in the spark plug hole and tilt the mower back so it will cover the top of the piston and let it sit for a few days. Walk by every once in a while and give it a little pull and see if it has loosened up.
Someone else may know a better trick, if so, I'm all ears! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got one of these a few months ago. It was also seized, but the price was right (free). I swear all I had to do was tug the blade a bit with my bare hand and that was all it took. It runs great. I've no idea why it was seized. I've gone through a couple tanks of mix since. My only problem is with the throttle. It doesn't like to go into the choke position without some effort. I've been meaning to take a look into that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will give some PB a shot tonight. I was told it was sitting for 20 plus years. The price was right on mine also.

I just thought it was a cool mower.
thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
122 Posts
PB is what I used on mine. I also found once, that the clutch pulley had frozen in the engaged position.. odd but it happened. Incidentally, was this on CL? It looks really familiar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I got this on CL. Its had a thick layer of crud on it. I have it posted now for sale as is. Most likely will not have takers in its current state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts