My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all here is a video of a Toro I just picked and got running. Please tell me if you think it is running right or is rich or lean.
Thank you in advance
Mark

Watch "Toro 20680 1990 model" on YouTube
Toro 20680 1990 model:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool video! It's always fun to see and hear our machines in action. :ThumbUp:

It sounds like it's running great from where I'm sitting. It doesn't appear that it's blowing lots of smoking indicating a rich condition.

Thanks for posting it. :cool

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you it seems to be running great with 4 stroking with no load but mowing in drive it is smooth. It's is also being fed a diet of 100ll av gas and 36 to 1 klotz super techniplate oil. I started using this combo in all my 2 smoke s due to the quality of gas here even the non alcohol is poor at best. Ever thing seems to like it and runs vary clean and it is also about the same price per gallon as the non alcohol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone else tried or used the 100ll av gas? Here is a link to find it in your area 100ll.com

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I've never tried it myself. Fellow I work with ran aviation fuel in his 1960's hot rod he'd built up for the drag strip with good results but that was many years ago. County airport has it about a mile away from where I work. Air BP Price @ $5.31/gal. Regular here up until today was $2.61, premium around $3. I also have Ethanol free available at a marina about 10 miles away. I really have not had much trouble though with fuel after I started using stabilizer year round. No problems the last 2 years after switching to marine grade.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I've never tried it myself. Fellow I work with ran aviation fuel in his 1960's hot rod he'd built up for the drag strip with good results but that was many years ago. County airport has it about a mile away from where I work. Air BP Price @ $5.31/gal. Regular here up until today was $2.61, premium around $3. I also have Ethanol free available at a marina about 10 miles away. I really have not had much trouble though with fuel after I started using stabilizer year round. No problems the last 2 years after switching to marine grade.
Up north in the state where I live, I don't have any ethanol in my gas (Tested, Confirmed) But I'd still be interested in trying AVGas.. Apparently Burke Lakefront Airport has a pretty good price on it (about $5 A gallon) So I may go down and pick up a bit and give it a shot in the spring.

-Stan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right now av gas by me is at 3.99 a gal and pump gas non ethanol is 4.05. And it never goes bad if stored in a tight metal can. So no additives needed.

I learned about using after reading so many raving about it from different forms. You can Google search like 100ll av. In trimmer etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi-

dredging up an older post-regarding using AV fuel in a ground application, my view is your better off avoiding this as the fuel is designed for 10,000 feet and low temperature air.

Try finding a sunoco station that sells 260 gtx : Sunoco Race Fuels | 260 GTX
Also the leaded 110 standard (aka CAM2) works really well @ about $9.00/gallon.
way better for your engines and not the ridiculous price of the premixed quart cans at the Home centers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I have had great success with it. Just ran two chainsaws to cut up a huge stump. One saw is ported and turns 13k rpm the other stock. Both ran great using klotz super techniplate at 32:1 ran clean and smooth a lot of power and throttle response. All my echo equipment and mowers start and run great on it.

Yes I did try the race gas and the octane is to high to run right as well as pricy...

I can only say how my equipment runs on it and what I have read from others but I will post if I can find any negatives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts