My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a used 28108BE hylift with rear bagger a few days ago. Generally looks pretty good except the seat which is torn in multiple places with the foam padding showing. Priced new seats but they are 80 dollars and up. Watched a couple of YourTube videos about re-upholstering similar seats and frankly the finished product looked terrible. Does Snapper sell a "formed" seat cover. Haven't had any luck finding anything. What's a good source for the above or source for inexpensive replacement seats? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I have found even the cheap seats are not really cheap. I would take the seat off and take it to the local upholstery shop and get an estimate on repair of your old one.

·
Founding Administrator
1,251 Posts
In our area we have several farm discount stores, Farm and Fleet and Tractor Supply Company. Both have Lawn and Garden seats as well as tractor/combine/implement seats available and fairly reasonable in price.

You might also try an on-line source, such as Jack's, MowParts, etc.

Excellent idea on the upholstery shop suggestion, too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had one of those seat covers but the one I had fit really bad...

I wonder if it's possible after removing the seat and any hardware you could cut an old inertube from a car or truck into pieces and like a ruberband slip the pieces over the seat.... if it worked you could glue the pieces together with the same patch cement .

Just tossing out an idea, I never tried it before. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
There used to be a place I got catalogs from...I think it was Norther Tools...or something like that...in Minn. They had pics of tractor (riding mower) seats in their catalogs, if I remember right. You might try to look them up and have a look see. I don't think they were real expensive either.

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Torn Snapper Seat

I used STA-KOOL 390 ELASTOMERIC ROOF PATCH ( BY GARDNER).
BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $20.
CLEANED THE SURFACE, PAINTED ON THE ROOF PATCH, TOOK SOME COTTON CLOTH (OLD SHOP APRON) APPLIED ENOUGH TO COVER THE SEAM OR TEAR, ROLLED IT IN OR USED A SPATULA TO MAKE THE PATCH WET OUT THE CLOTH, THEN PAINTED ON SOME MORE. CLEANS UP WITH WATER.
LET DRY FOR 24 HOURS. THEN PAINTED BLACK WITH A CAN OF SPRAY PAINT.
LOOKS GREAT AND STILL LOOKING GREAT AFTER TWO YEARS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts