My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, took a much needed break . Dad came with me and we took a nice easy 20 mile round trip bike ride on a newly completed rail trail in Ulster county NY. This Rosendale trestle was just completed and a parcel of lade acquired so it would continue to Kingston NY. We enjoyed a nice weather day and a great ride! Pops did great for his age and recent knee surgery! :ThumbUp: :2th:

I used to be afraid of heights, now thank God they don't bother me!

As usual, my friend/boss calls me on vacation!! :) He always calls me! I had dad take picture of me on phone to bust his chops!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL Kinda tired now!! ;)
Taking it easy, then work on tractor day tomorrow! Gonna meet the guy with JD after he gets off work. Then hopefully deliver the repair tractor!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lawn mower,another bike nut!! :)
We went to Jim Thorpe this summer! I really want to return in October. I have a week off. We had to rush due to weather and next day was a wash!
Today was nice as this trail was just completed! I have done the whole thing now, in three steps! Now to do whole thing at once! Would be around 75 miles round trip I think!

·
Registered
111 Posts
lawn mower,another bike nut!! :)
We went to Jim Thorpe this summer! I really want to return in October. I have a week off. We had to rush due to weather and next day was a wash!
Today was nice as this trail was just completed! I have done the whole thing now, in three steps! Now to do whole thing at once! Would be around 75 miles round trip I think!
Most I ride at once is 45 miles.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most we did so far was 24 miles! Want to do better!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I like riding rail-trails myself! I would like to get up to Jim Thorpe some time! Never been there! (Maybe soon with the leaves changing color!)

(http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/bluemountainsports/2.jpg?t=1227638179)
Well Gee, Aint that Purdy!

After wrecking my old bike irreparably this spring I was Bikeless for most of the summer.. Just last week my neighbor gave me an older (90's by the looks) mountain bike..

I had been meaning to go get myself a new bike all summer but was doing things (*Cough* To Lazy *Cough*) To actually do it..

I will be riding more fore sure!!

Cheers
Kori

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kori, always welcome another biker to the trail! ;)
I really like biking since getting back into it when losing weight! Dad and me both enjoy it! Going to another local trail we never did today!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went on a 18 mile ride to the Marbletown O&W trail today. ALOT longer than we thought, ran out of time to do it all! Will go again soon!
Here is RTE. 209 almost at beginning of ride on way back. We went to local store for soda treat!

End of line for today! Was at 8-10 mile mark!

Man that hill behind dad was fun going down! Going up ,I almost made it ,wrong gear at climb! LOL :(

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank God could not be better weather!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts