My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a YTH20F42T. It sure seems that it has a lot of toe in. It makes it hard to steer. It does not seem to be adjustable. Any thoughts on how to correct the problem? thanks

·
1,329 Posts
I just got a YTH20F42T. It sure seems that it has a lot of toe in. It makes it hard to steer. It does not seem to be adjustable. Any thoughts on how to correct the problem? thanks
I dont know about the YTH20F42T, If there is no adjustment look for a visibly bent tie rod or spindle on either side.
If it turns more one way or the other then the steering gear might have slipped a tooth or more.
Sorry I cant be more specific. Im sure others will jump in here and help.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
My murry was toe out, I had to replace the drag link and one spindle

You can try heating and bending can't hurt, you already probably need to replace it

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I do not believe there is an adjustment. Like Doc said, I would look for a bent rod (#61,62 on the attached PDF). You may have to straighten it out or replace it. Another problem could be worn ends on the same rods or where they mount. The holes on the plates that they attach to could be rounded out excessively. Also inspect the spindle assy #4, #5 for any bends as this could be a week area as well.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts