My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yet another one of my dumb questions...being new to a hydro transmission, would it be ok to use tire chains or could the use of chains damage the trans?...would only be used while mowing grass... the machine tends to spin on one hill in my yard and get stuck in that spot...just a bit to steep i guess...no hard surfaces except maybe 25 feet on concrete to put it back in the garage...it's an JD lx255

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I'm in much the same boat here. I have a brand new JD x530 that I want to use to move snow when possible. I am pretty sure I need chains and have heard about rubber chains and am very curious about them.

It seems to me that the positive reviews are mainly from people who have the rubber chains, and the skeptics are pretty much from those who have only used the traditional chains. That's just an impression from one night's reading though.

I bought the snow blade for the 530 rather than the snowblower. Just couldn't see spending the money for the blower. I have a lot of room to push the snow away from the sides of the driveway as long as the tractor can handle it. We'll see!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's perfectly fine to use chains, I used them myself for years. I now use ATV tires and am very happy with those as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts