My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Brand new here. I was mowing last week and inadvertantly hit a tree stob (for lack of a better word). My mower quit working immediately. All belts are on and intact. When In I engage the blade control switch, all I get is a clicking noise. Did I mess something up internally? Not really having a good feeling about this. Blades are not bent and move freely also.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wheelman, it's a Toro Timecutter Z4200 42" Zero Turn Mower. I thought about a fuse or safety switch, but then I wouldn't be getting the clicking like it's trying to engage if it was a switch would I? I'm very limited on electrical knowledge, so I could be way off.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
The click might be a relay for the blade clutch or the clutch itself trying to engage. You should see wires going to the clutch. If you have 12Vdc on those wires into the clutch but no engagement you have found your problem. ;)

Be careful though measuring voltage and working around that area. You might for safety want to pull the belt off the clutch while you do it in case it decides to come back to life while your hands are in there.

I am assuming the engine runs and it moves OK, just the blades not turning correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
im not an electrical genius myself but i follow the wires to figure it out cud be pulled wire er cut pinched an arcin off the framing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The click might be a relay for the blade clutch or the clutch itself trying to engage. You should see wires going to the clutch. If you have 12Vdc on those wires into the clutch but no engagement you have found your problem. ;)

Be careful though measuring voltage and working around that area. You might for safety want to pull the belt off the clutch while you do it in case it decides to come back to life while your hands are in there.

I am assuming the engine runs and it moves OK, just the blades not turning correct?
Hey Mark, yeah the engine runs great and it moves. I'll check the wiring to the clutch. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts