My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 75742 and looking to get some gator blades on them to pair w/ the recycling kit once i pick that up and trying to find which model will work with this mower. technically i think the stock blades are 21.6" so i'm pretty sure I'd just be fine w/ the 21" G3's but thought i'd see what everyone thought.

so far the stock blades and side discharge works very well but was recommended to go this route for a more superior leaf mulching

·
Registered
391 Posts
Though 1/2" shorter, looking at all the other specs, they should work. Of course, 1/2" on both blades is going to give you a 1" reduction where they meet in the middle of the deck,

·
Registered
8 Posts
cool thanks for the help here! i just now saw too that my mower also goes under the model SS4225. and their product finder lists the G6 21-9/16". Mulching Blade, Gator® G6™, 21-9/16" | Oregon Products

little more expensive but probably better to go w/ that since it matches the size better? (little heftier too)
The SS4225 uses a fabricated deck so the design is different. Be sure to check for any rubbing BEFORE you turn the deck on and start it slowly just in case the blades ant to rub.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar question.. I/m new to having a zero turn as well. I have a timecutter 75759 50" mower with the recycler option. I just replaced the blades not realizing that the blade I got were not mulching blades so I immediately starting getting clumping .. newbie mistake. So now that I know I'm looking to get a new set of mulching blades. Will the gator blades or another aftermarlet blade work better than the original Toro mulching blades or should I stick wit OEM ?? I was a little surprised at how fast the original blades got dull and banged up beyond sharpening .. Thanks for any advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts