My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finished my lawnmower-project successfully, i really become think, that i should also do renovation for my Norlett tiller machine. it is from year 1977, with B&S 5hp engine. The engine itself is still useful condition, almost always starts right on the first pull, but there are some oil consumption, not too bad, but some. During the years, i have change couple times the diaphragm to carburetor, also i have cleaned the fuel system couple times, and also i have put new belts some years ago. I know that the valves are not so super condition, but since everything is working fine, i wont change them now. There is oil leak from the breather box, so i will need to open and clean the breather system, and put new seals there. Also i need one new spring to governor system. The machine itself, looks pretty tired now, it is very dirty (but not rusty), and paint is not good condition. Even machine looks tired, it is still doing its job very well. So i will take the machine inside, then i will take some parts apart, example blower housing, tank, carburetor. When all necessary parts are apart, i will clean all the parts, body and the engine. Parts are so dirty and oily now. Then i will sand the parts, and put base paint couple layers and the main-paint couple layers. I will also re-paint the engine. This machine is just bit more challenging to paint, because shape of the machine is not so simple as lawnmower. But i will take this project, the main color will be same as i used with my lawnmower project. I am going to start this project begin of the January, if the winter is not too bad here then. Because i need do first works outside, and i really not want to work middle of hard winter. And i have no time to start this project before Christmas. I will take photos about the machine when project begin, and also i will take photos during the project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts