My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Thought of my old stomping ground and thought to say hello. Wish things were better but our mower days are about over. My health issues were compounded by my moms Kidney failure. She is now our full time jobs. She had so many hospitals stays, mini stroke, septs and heart attack in hospital, Was in ICU for a month. She is only partially mobile. We stopped buy and fixing tractors last year, our own tractor broke and took me three weeks to find time to repair it.
We cleaned up yard of all spare parts we acquired. I still have our fleet for snow work and mowing. The 180 is just sitting outside with no deck and not started for a year. Sad times for our machines.
Anyway, hope you are all doing well! I still talk to Austen and wish to keep in touch with my mod family.
See ya all !
Eric

·
Registered
452 Posts
Prayers to you and the family Eric. I sure do miss all the repair video's you and Dad used to make. You were a great team and very informative. Best wishes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good to hear from you Eric. I'm not buying mowers to fix and sell anymore either. I still have to many but I'll try to sell a few of then this coming spring. Mother passed last March but she was able to live by herself all but the last 4 months. I was lucky I had her for 69 years. We sold her house and now I have one less yard to mow. She called me at 9am every morning the last 10 years, some mornings I still glance at the clock to see if it's time for her call. Best wishes to you and your family.
Cannon

·
Administrator
6,270 Posts
Hey Eric, I'm sorry I missed your post until now. I've been thinking about you and your parents and wondering how you were doing. My mom is in similar health but still able to remain at home with my help, laid dad to rest two years ago tomorrow.

Cannon, sorry for your loss of your mother. I still get a cringe when I hear on the police radio a squad run out to the nursing home where I had dad. Every day after work I would go up to see him before going home. Still at times go out and think about driving up there after work. The passage of time helps heal but it is definately a slow process and one of those things that we never totally get over.

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, thought I would share the bad news, mom passed away at the end of October. I still have not gotten used to it. We are just going day by day.

·
Administrator
6,270 Posts
I'm sorry Eric. You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time is all we can do.

One thing we can look forward to is Tuesday Dec 21 is the day that after which the days start getting longer again. Never been a holiday person and these long cold dark nights have always bothered me this time of year. Just a few more weeks and then we are headed toward spring!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Sorry to read about your Mom passing and your Dad's and your health. I don't do much anymore, after turning 80 things seemed to start failing and we just can't go and buy new parts to repair things. The wife and I are still able to live in our Home so we are thankful. I too miss all of the videos of you and your Dad repairing mowers and your aircraft pictures.
Take Care,

quickshot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts