My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my lawns look like this. With the cooler temps (until now..it's going to be 90 degrees until the weekend) and lots of rain, the yards are staying nice and green. People are mowing every 4 days. I can't do it that often, though. :scratch:

lawn.jpg

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Lawns are unusually green around here too for this time of year. But the storms have been going a few miles around me so it is actually getting dry now under the trees here. Picked up 0.02" today. This morning I got drenched coming out of the grocery then drove 4 miles home and never rained a drop here. :dunno:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I'm up to 0.66" for the last 24 hours. That should help and a good thing. Supposed to go back up toward 90°F first of next week again.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not the same here! We had a 1-1/4" rain locally over a month ago, otherwise, basically none since the first of July.

I mowed once last week to "clean up" the yard, only mowing in at least three weeks! Forecast is for mid-upper 90's all next week with no rain. Maybe, some rain around Labor Day, we hope! ~~ grnspot

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Our grass is same here. Don't remember mowing this much in August! Used JD STX with bagger yesterday, got leaves falling off Poplar trees!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Up Here in The Buckeye State, My lawn Isn't Dead By Any Means... But It's Nowhere as green as yours..

Although.. I Don't weed treat, Or Water... I spread A little "10-10-10" Fertilizer on it every spring and that's it.. It is getting Mighty Toasty Up here and I'm In the Pool Mostly.. So I couldn't Care less about the grass right now..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
They were saying on the weather report last night that we haven't seen any rain for 18 days here! Things are getting pretty brown.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Sorry but I think I've been getting it all, it's been raining pretty much everyday and rain totals are off the charts. I might actually get my pond and lake back! :)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Send some up this way, would you? It's 95 degrees here today, with temps in the 90s predicted all week and nary a drop of rain seen anytime soon. Everything is drying out big time.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Fortunately we haven't had much rain at all this summer.

It's been one of the best that we've had in a lonnng time. The hard part will be going back to 9 months of overcast. We had a couple days of it last week and it makes you appreciate the sun like never before. Or, enough to make me want to move.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts