My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the Cadillac styling of late. The ATS-V and new CTS-V to me are nice cars! I'll have to hit lottery or wait until they are a few years old to get one! Hope they make them AWD too! :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I've always appreciated the CTS-V. Basically a Corvette four door luxury sedan. The wagon version is pretty cool too with it's unique and edgy styling in the back.

Wish they didn't drop the 6 speed manual option for 2016 though; but I'm old school in that regard.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice choice Eric, the CTS-V is a beauty!

A side note... Yesterday I had the first service done on the Impala, what pulls in behind me, a 15' Z06 Corvette with a driver who's very proud of his new toy. I chatted with my friend behind the counter and he told me the guy ordered it and paid 103K! It's triple black, 650hp with the manual trans and F1 type tires. 2/3rd of the tire had barely a tread pattern at all, the inside 1/3 had some. They looked like rubber bands on the wheels. But all in all, what a car!!!

Back on topic, Caddy talk! :D

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corvette......ummy!!!!!! ;) I saw online one of the first ones blew its engine at 800 miles?! Scary! Austen, I used to drive a lot by the Monticello motor club, a private high end racetrack! Monticello Motor Club
A magazine was setting up video of CTS-V Wagon run! I went over the hill and a Black with yellow caliper wagon stick ( By sound of him revving with clutch in! ) Started other way! What a ride!! ME WANT!!
Mike, you lucky dog! I'd like to see one in person! Maybe you should trade Impala in?? LOL ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not a chance, need the rear seat for the kids! Lol

If money was no object I'd order the Z06, in Red Rock Metallic (like the Impala) and fly to Bowling Green KY., pay the fees and help assemble my engine and stab it into the chassis. Watch the car get put together. Then of course road trip it home via a few distilleries and sights along the way. That's be something for sure!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NICE Mike!! That would be VERY cool!!!!!!
I was just um browsing EBay and found a few cars in need of me to rescue them from the dealership! ;)
AWD ATS looks good and "Only" 30-40,000 :( GULP! LOL

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Might be able to find some deals out there once people begin trading them in for the '16's.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Probably less than you'd think.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to sell all I could for one. Found some fairly reasonable plain older CTS AWD for fairly cheap. Get my lux barge going! ��

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I remember when Caddys were the car of the "Old Brigade", but not anymore.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me about it Smitty!! I would not think of the older ones before, these ones make me want to luxury commute! Then out drag Mustang at light! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
The '59 has always been my favorite.

A black two door with street rod running gear hidden underneath would be awesome.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The '59 has always been my favorite.

A black two door with street rod running gear hidden underneath would be awesome.

You and my wife would get along fine Austen, that is her favorite car on the planet! Except it'd have to be a stone stock, red Eldorado Biarritz Convertible! The 59' Caddy was the epitome of the "FIN" era, and a thing of beauty at that!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, I refrain from my last post! Old ones are cool! The '70's are one I might steer clear of! :) That Caddy is sweet!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Bottom picture.......Big and Lil' Enos Burdett! ROF
I'd forgotten about the big Eldorado they drove in Smokey and the Bandit!

My uncle had a 72' Eldorado, when i was a kid i went for several rides in it with the top down. The late 60's and 70's Eldorados aren't my first choice, but if I came across a good driver for a fair price I'd grab it for my wife provided it was a ragtop. Anything older is just too much coin for a Sunday toy car.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts