My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look at the way this poor snapper was treated. think your tires might be just a little bald:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
As I commented on that video, I've had several of those "Big Six" Mowers.. Absolute garbage.. So badly made.

Yes that one has been neglected, But that was one of the cheapest mowers Snapper sold at that time period.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Considering the severe neglect, she still fired up and somewhat functioned though. That has to say something.
Glad someone had the decency to save the ole girl.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I've seen a lot of abused mowers like that one; at least it starts up and halfway works. I think a lot of people don't check/change their oil, and don't take care of small problems as they crop up, and before they know it, the mower's in real bad shape. This one's certainly in rough shape, but I reckon it could be fixed up all right. :ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
The original wheels on my Tru-Test tiller done that. Once they start to crack they disintegrate pretty quick. I've had the front wheels off the old Springfiled rider on it for the last 25 years that are even older but still holding together. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
We have saved worse! IMO, I really like those Briggs engines. My sister left one outside all the time on a Craftsman mower. Never covered it after we gave it to them. Finally all the cables froze and she had nerve to ask us to junk the machine! Meanwhile EVERYTIME we tried to start it, fire right up! we saved engine and swapped it onto a new body. Point on my Rant, don't judge a book by the cover.
Even I have found a Kohler Courage worth saving! ;) LOL

Reactions: TexasG
1 - 8 of 8 Posts