My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the three trade in Craftsman's we got. The twin Briggs started, but jump box was weak from trying the Suburban , which almost started once! The one is missing deck and hitch plate ,we have both! :) The gray Craftsman with blown engine my become parts pig! I was trying to find donor engine, might us it for donor! Here are the pictures of all three, each has different engine!!

Then to confuse you a bit, this is the one we built my uncle last year. Could not find right engine , so put this 11HP in it. Runs good now, bad magneto. We upgraded my uncle with the red Craftsman engine swap tractor!

This might become parts machine!

This one is missing deck and hitch plate.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got one on the snow blower Craftsman we got since new. They are nice running! Want to get this one running, at least it started!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now to get them all running..........God willing a easy job?!? :dunno: :howdy:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right motor!! Got home and monkeyed with the twin, got her running!! Carb is dirty,but sounds good! Gears work good!! The one Craftsman with no deck is missing starter motor?? I tried to start it,no crank. Look and nothing to hook up jump box too!! ;)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I would like to get ahold of a twin like that!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, dad cleaned carb and changed fuel line. Runs real nice and smooth!! He took deck off and it needs engagement cable which guy gave us! Dad has someone interested already! Neighbors bud at work wants a machine. My friend at work also is looking for father in law!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He found a bad deck belt today. He wants to paint the nose cone ,it was hit! Um think they ALL been hit!? :(

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well Mr. Bruce, just noticed my new name.... ;) Maybe Sears Suburban kid also?? LOL!
Second ,dad is asking the same thing!! LOL Definitely not JD green! Mom says it looks like Christmas green? Guess we might have to look for it in HD or Lowes? Maybe Tractor Supply?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dad was busy today! He took deck belt and spindle off the one green Craftsman we got back from uncle to finish the Twin Briggs tractor! He mowed and used it, works NICE!! :) I got home and got out the buffer! I think it cam out great! He had the Kohler powered tractor on lift, cleaned carb and new fuel lines. Tried to start it, starter motor was bad, pulled so much power it was red hot! We replaced it with one in stock, fired right up! :) I buffed it too. The mower belt is fried on the Kohler one, so needs deck removal and checkout yet. Good day! Got done late, but got to play! The twin will wheelie if taking off in high gear and high revs! HOT ROD!!
Before we got it running! Now to see if single Briggs tractor runs?

Before on Briggs twin tractor.

Before buff on Kohler engine one.

Me and both machines idling!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
motor, I buffed BOTH! Pictures were late, so can't tell!
Worked on last amigo today. Engine runs sweet! Transmission is dead, no movement. Gear transaxle, maybe broken keyway? We need the engine for the gray one,so might be swapping tomorrow!! We had to install a starter and new fuel line plus clean a real nasty carb! Runs strong! Took the plow mount off and put hitch plate on it, sucks trans is dead. At least got the donor engine now! The gray one deck is rusty,needs welding.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:bump:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We switched the engine over and removed dead twin. Took it easy on backs today. Will finish the install on engine tomorrow or later in week!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts