My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Discuss your favorite tunes here! YouTube music videos are encouraged! :ThumbUp:

As always, let's be respectful of everyone's choice of music whether you like it or don't.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I'm across the board, music-wise, with blues & blues based rock,
along with soul, near the top of my preference list......

Here's a song I've had an affinity for ever
since I first heard it back in the 70's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Even when I had all my hair I was never in to what I'd call hard rock. Mostly the soft rock and easy listening. Some of what I like to listen to was Cat Stevens, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Linda Ronstadt and others. Now its Diana Krall, Norah Jones, acoustic guitar, piano, sax, and light jazz. The more time goes by the more you can relate to some of them.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I am into Christian rock. P.O.D and RED are some favs! Was on phone so no videos until edit!!

Then some Skillet!

Some RED

Some Pillar

Then Thousand foot crutch! Say these guy in concert one time.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Seen a LOT of concerts in my life, but the best experience was seeing Harry Chapin, Richie Havens and a Canadian folk singer I can't recall at Huntington HS on LI around '77. Just them, 3 stools and their guitars. Havens was so stoned he kept forgetting when it was his turn to sing. CITC has always been a favorite of mine. Poor Harry died on the LI Expressway not all that far from my house. But, he lives on through Long Island Cares which feeds the needy of LI.

I'm pretty diverse. The metal of AC/DC back when I was young. Saw Seger, Van Halen, BTO, Dylan, Grateful Dead, Elton, Billy Joel. Garth got me listening to country music about 20 years ago. Saw him, Reba, Faith Hill. Still sticking to Country and Classic Rock now. I really like Eric Church.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Reactions: motorhead12

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can appreciate many styles of music that is derived from good talent. I personally like country in a wide range.. Also like classic rock. And good bluegrass. From Loretta Lynn to Reba. Classics of. C.C.R. to Bob Seager . how about john denver? Or randy travis? So many good ones . while many believe george straight is king of country, to me its Alan Jackson ..
I believe there were good country bands in the 80's that were overshadowed by more popular single artist. If you don't mind 2 vids here goes.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm very diverse when it comes to music. Listen to pretty much anything and everything in between; just not a lot of rap, opera, or anything that'd probably be sponsored in Seventeen Magazine.

I am into Christian rock. P.O.D and RED are some favs! Was on phone so no videos until edit!!
Yeah, those are all good picks! I listen to those stations a lot on Pandora. That's pretty cool you saw them live.

This is one of my favorite from POD. It was on a soundtrack that a teacher of mine in high school would always play during a weight lifting class that I took.

I really like Eric Church.
I like that one from Eric church!

This thread is cool, so we should keep it going. :p
That's an adrenaline packed music video!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't go wrong with Nine Inch Nails.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Guess it's my age, but I tend towards country from a while back. Not so much into today's country though. This duet is a favorite of mine, and has got to be one of the best ever.

Have to say I like older rock too. Can't help but turn the volume up when ZZ Top comes on the radio. I was always envious of their beards and cars too.

This song always brings a lump to my throat, no matter who sings it, and make me proud to be an American!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I can appreciate many styles of music that is derived from good talent. I personally like country in a wide range.. Also like classic rock. And good bluegrass. From Loretta Lynn to Reba. Classics of. C.C.R. to Bob Seager . how about john denver? Or randy travis? So many good ones . while many believe george straight is king of country, to me its Alan Jackson ..
I believe there were good country bands in the 80's that were overshadowed by more popular single artist. If you don't mind 2 vids here goes.
Love "Little Man". Alan Jackson connects like few others. Johnny Cash, maybe.

We have a lot of similar likes. One other that I know few will admit to.........but I dig the Bee Gees. Another as you mentioned, John Denver.

One of my all times.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
A man & his guitar, with a story to tell.......

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lately I've been listening to some of Mutemath's older stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Kinda grew up around my grandparents and I was subjected to Country from a young age. I've grown to enjoy many genres of music from Classical (specifically the baroque era), Christian rock (Switchfoot, Newsboys, Mercyme, Hillsong, and Casting Crowns). But one singer I keep going back to is Conway Twitty.

One thing people don't know about him was at the time of his death he had reached 55 #1 hits over the course of his life not achieved by any other artist. He was only surpassed by George Straight years later. I remember him saying he sang about things no one else would sing about because in the 50's it was unheard of to talk about love the way he did. Very behind closed doors lyrics. Many said he wouldn't make it and no one would like his music. Boy did he prove them wrong!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a very wide range in my music collection, from classical to very hard rock. I mostly listen to country on the radio but the other stuff comes out depending on my mood.
I admit the direction country music is going in is not my favorite but they are playing to the youngsters who buy the most. Too bee bop for me and the rap isn't my style either.
Been to a few concerts but my favorite was when the Beach Boys came around. They were a favorite of my daughters and I bought us tickets, it was the weekend of her birthday. The icing on the cake (no pun intended) was John Stamos was with them, my daughter had a serious crush on him as did a ton of other females. I managed to get a message to him and he wished my daughter a happy birthday and kissed her cheek.
I've admired him for that ever since.

Reactions: bwhitsonjr
1 - 20 of 78 Posts