My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of pulling the trigger. Thoughts................
It is a '14 with manual shift 2.0 boxer 4cyl. 22,000 miles and my friend is sales manager. I can get it at $400 over their cost. Very fresh trade, think it came in this morning! Never got cleaned or through shop yet. Will be certified. The Fusion is having clunking issues and rust showing it ugly head. I put on over 60 miles a day now. Wonder if it is worth going into debt again?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Certainly an interesting color! I don't think I've seen one in that shade before.

I'd say go for it! :ThumbUp: I'll bet it'd be a pretty fun car to drive with the manual.

See if they'll let you take it out alone for a while to get a good feel for it.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Austen, the best part of my friend being sales manager is he hands me a plate and tells me see ya! :) I took this out for a 1/2 hour cruise! I drove it through town and some rough back roads.
slim, I never jump into a car purchase. I took the Fusion for a 1 hour drive to think it over . Bought it from my friend here. He was Toyota salesman, then promoted to sales manager of the Subaru dealer they bought.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Austen, it is so hard to find a stick shift. While I was talking to my friend, a salesman asked if I was buying it, someone wants it!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on putting Fusion on lift tomorrow to get good look. I know it has started making some unhealthy noises from rear driveshaft lately. You guys know us, aren't afraid of repairs!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Only questions I have are, Why did somebody trade it in at 1 yr old..[usually a huge loss] ?? And How much for different color paint job..? LOL
Ever wonder why we love Hydros in our tractors, and manual gears in our cars ?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I'm rooting for you Eric!!! :2th: I absolutely love the color!!! I've seen only a couple of those in that color in my area and while it may be an acquired taste for some it makes me think of Subaru. :ThumbUp: The big question is always do you really feel like putting yourself in debt and starting all over again. Me? Well I've never really had too far to drive each day so I've always purchased used.... Used a lot! My current ride is a 92 F150 Straight Six, 193K. A/C, CD Player. I'm all for working on my ride as well.. But to what extent. When it comes to you and having to travel as much as you do, You need a reliable transport. We support whatever decision you make of course. But! Regardless the outcome we want to see a pic of that beauty clean if you take delivery!!! I want to see the smile on your face!!! :sidelaugh

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Only questions I have are, Why did somebody trade it in at 1 yr old......
:ditto:

Would want to see what the story is behind it and if it sounds feasible. My Silverado was a year old with 10K miles and setting on the Nissan lot side of the Chevy Dealership. Story on it was the guy changed jobs and was running about 60 mile plus a day and fuel cost was eating him up so he downsized to a Nissan for better mpg. Maybe opposite story here where they needed more room for people, kids or cargo and had to get something bigger? Be good to know. You always wonder on something like that if it spent half the first year at the dealer trying to find a problem that never showed up at the garage to the point the original owner gave up and unloaded it. :dunno:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Austen, the best part of my friend being sales manager is he hands me a plate and tells me see ya! :) I took this out for a 1/2 hour cruise! I drove it through town and some rough back roads.
slim, I never jump into a car purchase.
Oh that's good! Nice to not have the pressure of a salesman ride with you. How did you like it compared to your Fusion?

While I was talking to my friend, a salesman asked if I was buying it, someone wants it!!
Well, as I always say "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be." :)

Austen, it is so hard to find a stick shift.
Oh I know, don't get me started. Ram is the only manufacture now that still offers a standard trans option in a HD pickup. It's bothered me to see the amount of crucifixion that has taken place in the auto community over the past few years directed to those who still prefer a standard trans over a 'smart' auto during its slow demise. It doesn't matter if you walk into a dealership and ask if they have the option or mention that you favor it in a local enthusiasts' based club, I've been appalled more times than I can count at the negativity directed towards those who still prefer a standard trans. The thing is, most who still do will in fact agree that a modern 'smart' auto is indeed more efficient and has better specs on paper. The reason that people like myself who still drive them is simply because they enjoy having the truest form of direct analog involvement and control as they possibly can with their vehicle. That's it and is something that, sadly, a lot of people do not understand and thus feel the need to criticize. Due to the rise of electronics, technology and video games over the last couple of decades, people including many of the most dedicated or diehard auto enthusiasts that you could meet favor an auto over a standard. There's nothing wrong with that but it's a large part in explaining why most manufactures very seldomly have them as an option any more, even in their most truest form of a driver's sports car offering today. Just don't crucify the last 5% of those who still enjoy working a clutch because if they had wanted an automatic, they would have bought one.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, we thought why it was traded in so early ourselves! The sheet my friend gave me is a dealer vehicle inquiry for the vin. It has the previous owners name and phone numbers. I might get my friend in trouble to call. It was a local trade, by looks of a special sticker on windshield the person was a corrections officer. They smoked, smells a little but I can take care of that. They removed the window visors and hood deflector, making us think they bought another one like it. Maybe got sick of stick shift? In my research, I found some have high oil consumption.
I am torn as I love my Fusion. It is a very fast car for what it is. The Subaru is pretty good for what it is, but is not a V6 of course. My commute is all highway and I figure the stick will keep what power I have available. Also found some exhaust mods and intake already! :)
The best car is a PAID FOR car, which the Fusion is for a year or so now. Only reason is a fear of issues with it coming up. Being it is worth High wholesale of $6000 right now, wonder if I should try to sell it outright first, then buy car. Then if God wants me to do it, my car will sell fast.
I plan on rooting over the Fusion today cleaning it good and searching for the bad sounding clunk underneath.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The more I think about it, the less I like it. I started searching for manual anything. Found a brand new left over Fusion stick local. Same color and front wheel drive. Mileage is 37 highway! Going to see it today!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Go with your gut!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it turned out to be great day. Was online looking at local dealers and for a leftover 2014 Ford Fusion SE with MANUAL trans!! It is 2wd and a 1.6l turbo four. Went and drove it. I got it for $6000 off sticker! I got them to take my car for $500 over wholesale. They gave me it today! Pictures when online!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sweeeet!!!! Nothing like bringing home a new car!! :ThumbUp:
:pics::pics::pics:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Suspicion, they were open 11-4 today! I just wanted to look at it! It wound up being on showroom floor! Even sales lady did not know where it was! Dad looked just to see one and says " Hey kid, it a stick!" I knew it was only one! Story was Ford made them take them for sale. They sat for long time, mine is last one. Got plenty of spunk and just drove it and headlights rock. Scary thing is there is huge brush fire only two miles away! Took pics. Poor conditions, very dry and fire warnings all over!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts