My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got deck on Duetz/Simplicity over weekend. Turns out the coil went bad, when hot, no start! :( Also poor idle just like the Craftsman we just did. I ordered the coil already and have old ones from junkyard. It mows good though! Thank God!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank God the list is quite short right now! Only have the Jersey STX left and this one! Got to buy more! :) LOL
Forgot the ones behind the shed! :(
The Red Craftsman with no engine and old Montgomery ward with engine issue? Then that Agway we don't want..............LOL

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Capstan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kori, it is the same as a Simplicity 6200 series I believe. Duetz-Allis make big farm equipment I believe. The paint is mostly original, we painted the front black as the rust was bad there. The chrome stickers were from my Gas R/c days. The hurst shifter was from Art, was missing handle. It runs alot better with mag in it, was so hard to tune. Weak spark as it turns out!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've always liked those tractors. The hurst shift knob is a nice touch though:ThumbUp: Duetz used to make some great air cooled diesel engines years ago. I see a few of their old farm tractors every year at my local fire companies antique tractor show. The usually do well in the tractor pull they put on:)

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, they figured out a way to make an air-cooled diesel compete with liquid-cooled diesel in terms of durability. That's pretty cool!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here are some pics of a couple Duetz farm tractors I took at last years show.

That beat up looking one doesn't look like much, but it out pulled most tractors in its class

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Say!
Those are pretty cool!

Never got into Big ones much past going to the tractor barns at the county fair... I prefer the smaller variety..

Way cool... I did some research and found out a bit about the Deutz Allis Company.. Apparently the "Allis" Is the Allis in "Allis Chalmers"

-Stan

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I knew they got bought out, but I couldn't remember if it was by Allis Chalmers, or Agco Allis once Agco bought Allis Chalmers out. Its really hard to keep track of all the old tractor companies, so many of them have been bought out 2 or 3 times since the 70's. I still miss my International Harvester stuff. Heck, until a few weeks ago, I didn't even realize that Case/IH (Case bought IH back in 1984) was owned by CNH Global (also owns New Holland, I think), which is financially controled by Fiat. Makes me sick honestly. I think John Deere is really the only american tractor company around that is still owned by its original company.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks like I was wrong, it was Deutz who bought out Allis Chalmers agricultural division, not the other way around. They were later bought out by AGCO. Sorry for the thread hijack:dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts