My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Finally sold that Bolens I got took on. I knew I might be going to deliver the Bolens for the guy, asked for delivery charge. He got it for a good price. I checked CL and found this big boy
craftsman tractor
We dropped the Bolens off after following guy home. Turned out this other machine was only 6 miles away! Went and checked it out. Been sitting over a year and pricker bush grew through hood and TWO mice jumped out of engine. Talked guy down to $75 and showed him why. He thought it would run right there, showed him the mouse condo, he was shocked! His new Craftsman is sitting right there in open shed, new home for mice now! :(
Any way the guy who bought Bolens calls and says it is DEAD! :dunno:
The battery died after he cranked it a lot. It must have been soft. Being Godly, I gave him $20 to buy new battery for it. He did not ask, but seemed to be best thing to do!
Pictures of new machine tomorrow, got home so late it is still in truck!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Thank God no one stole it out of back of truck! LOL:bag::dunno::sidelaugh
Will see about unloading it and pictures of fresh mouse poo on top of air cleaner! ARGH! Little buggers! Thank God it is so cold or spiders/bees would attack!! Looked like a huge spider web by muffler!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It'll look and run like new when you get done with it. Nice ag tires on the back.
:ditto:

Looks like a nice solid machine you found! :ThumbUp: You guys will have it up and running in no time.

He thought it would run right there,
Interesting how some folks are about things like that.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, went to gym this morning after unloading it. Went to Sears and bought a new electric pressure washer ,figured it would be easier on cold days instead of our gas ones! Dads present for Christmas! We no sooner got in, my sister calls with horrible news of her having ANOTHER mini stroke! :( Mom and dad take her to hospital :( I don't do well paissing around. I put the pressure washer together.
Then decided to take hood and top tins off tractor to clean out the mouse condo. Went to remove the tins and when I removed it ,found a tenant did not get eviction notice! :(
Sprayed it with carb cleaner and hid under deck. Went to garage for pry bar to clean out nest and adjust its attitude! It runs good around garage! ARGH! Sprayed purple power ALL over engine and tractor to soak it for a real eviction!
Here are the pictures, got too late to try pressure washer and TOO COLD!
Here is my evil tenant after hiding on me!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks python! Should be a nice machine!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so Bruce! We were thinking for a while about it. We have two gas now! The one is cranky, other needs new hose. When dad washed house last year, gas ones were pain to use from ladder. The electric seems better as it turns off when not pumping. Wanted to try it out, but My sisters issue let me just put it together.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
With those lugs, looks like pulling tractor in the making.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice find Eric.. I agree with said above.. I don't like to call people idiots, But I'd say getting rid of something that nice for that cheep wasn't the smartest thing to do..

Very nice A/G Tires on that thing too..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
:ThumbUp: Another great find

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! Best part was doing my research before hand like my friend Five does! ;)
Even better to get paid to drive that far to drop one off and load up another! Can't wait to see if she runs!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice find indeed...model's from the 1991-1993 era.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks good, unfortunately it is now a snow bank! :(
Will try to work on it this weekend! The storm changed our plans this weekend!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We got to try it today. I got it to pop with choke cleaner while dad was away. When he returned, we worked on it. He cleaned carb and I changed fuel filter and section of fuel line from filter to pump. Will change rest when deck off. Went to start it, and starter failed? Too much WD making the gear clutch slip? No worries, ran out of daylight. Will fire it up God willing tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts