My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully they sent me home instead of keeping me. Main issue is the Dr messed up and cut a vocal cord nerve. Guess a 1-2 hour surgery turned into 5-6 torture test for mom and dad. Mom said dad was very angry when DR told him I may not be able to talk again. I can talk in whisper. Praise God for that as I like to talk! :)
The pain is real bad at spots and unable to drink, feel like I will choke. Slept in my own bed, was awake every time the body wanted to swallow :(
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!! They only removed the cancer spot, rest of Thyroid tested good! I don't think I'll need to be on a pill for rest of my life now. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, 43128 guess due to severity of injury told two weeks out. Hurts when you have no sick or vacation yet.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
So glad to hear you're back home Eric, and on the mend :ThumbUp: My very best hopes for a full and speedy recovery, and keep us "in the loop", buddy :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Real rough on swallowing liquid. Biggest issue other than not being able to talk loud enough to be heard.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glad you made it through OK Eric, and glad they only removed what was necessary. Now what does the Doc say about the mistake? Will it heal up and you'll be back to normal?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Well God only know if I'll ever talk right again. Right now all I can do is whisper short sentences. Throat is swollen of course and cut is right on adams apple. A lot of it might be from surgery. I never talked to dr. He called today on my cell phone and no one heard it ring. I can't talk to ask questions. Parents were talked to and were told he hooked nerves back up , could take a year to heal if at all?
Really trusting God right now. Thank God I can at least whisper!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Happy to hear you puled through the surgery and hopefully you will get your voice back.
I know you wouldn't get paid but have you looked into the family leave act. At least you should still have a job when you're all healed up.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:ditto:

The cancer needed to go one way or another and it is gone yet you did not loose the whole gland and you did not have to stay overnight which is all good. :2th:

There might be occupational therapy available in your area that would help you get your voice stronger. If prescribed by your doctor your insurance might cover the cost for a number of treatments.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
So glad to hear it was successful!! Glad you're back home and recouping.

RE voice, even though it's upsetting, ask the Holy Spirit to fill your body with his prescience and provide the reassurement that this will not be forever. He will meet your needs and provide deliverence as he did with the cancer. Wait and see and look at the positives. God is good.

Ephesians 3 : 20
The human body is a miracle when it comes to healing...
That's right.

It sounds like it went well otherwise and you didn't even have to spend the night in hospital! All good things and you have a lot to be thankful for. :) Look at how far you have come. I admire your courage to process and go through it all.

There might be occupational therapy available in your area that would help you get your voice stronger. If prescribed by your doctor your insurance might cover the cost for a number of treatments.
Definitely something to look into.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! Need the encouragement. I will talk to DR about therapy too!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dr called and told me his side. Guess he did not see my fine nerves and cut them. First time it ever happened to him, very sorry to do it to me. He tried to repair them, might be year before they heal. Paralysis of vocal cord is reason for hard swallowing of liquid and burps. Not a happy call for sure. Human part of me want to kick something! :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
Dr called and told me his side. Guess he did not see my fine nerves and cut them. First time it ever happened to him, very sorry to do it to me. He tried to repair them, might be year before they heal. Paralysis of vocal cord is reason for hard swallowing of liquid and burps. Not a happy call for sure. Human part of me want to kick something! :(
Well that's better news than I was expecting! A year to heal, I'm sure that is a conservative estimate so just roll with it as best you can. It'll probably be less, I'm hoping anyhow! :^:

Definitely find out if there is any kind of therapy that might help your recovery. It's a bummer for sure, but at least your voice will come back in time and the spot was removed promptly! Quick diagnosis is key, glad it was caught early!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, man! Hopefully, you'll be back to normal sooner rather than later. You had some bad luck, but it's better at least because you got rid of the potential for worse problems later. I'm wishing that you heal up in a jiffy and get all this behind you quickly!

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
same here. you prevented future problems with the cancer spreading and at least they were able to get the cancer out. i hope your voice heals up soon and like everyone else said, doctors tend to overestimate

·
Registered
730 Posts
The cut nerves are like the wires in one of your tractor harness...God's invisible hands are in there now, rewiring it...You know that can takes some time...Your circulation is good, so we know your fuel solenoid is now wired up, Your eyes seem brighter, so the alternator is putting out...not much more to go...we'll leave the kill wire to last...!

1 - 20 of 177 Posts