My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have obtained a Troybilt Tiller with a Tecumseh engine.
Rebuilt the carborator all is great for about 2 minutes engine stops, so I try to pull rope it is so hard to pull it kicks back on Me. It did not do this before Carborator repair.
So I get tools out and pull the blower housing, almost off there is a rat nest and a wasp nest that I did not see, I only got stung 1 time.
So I have decided to stop for the week.
Does anyone know where I can download a repaire manual?

Have a Great 4th of July to ALL
God Bless
Doorkeeper

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have down loaded the manual, installed new points & condensor, checked the coil for circuit in ground wire,wire to points, out to spark plug. I have good circuit readings. Oh! I set the stator plat, with the points lifter on the flat place just before the point lifter with the piston 1/4" from top. Set points at (.020 on high lobe of crankshaft). I still have no spark on plug or testor.

I have the ground (short wire)that comes out of coil on the same screw that holds the condensor in place. Is this what is killing the fire? I have the regular kill wire disconnected from the shut off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can some one send Me a picture or post one that shows the stator plate as it is on the Tecumseh engine. With the piston 1/4" (BTDC) on up stroke.
There is a world of Videos on youtube That show carborators being cleaned Or restored,engine tune-ups but no stator plate reinstalment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the engine ground

Can some one send Me a picture or post one that shows the stator plate as it is on the Tecumseh engine. With the piston 1/4" (BTDC) on up stroke.
There is a world of Videos on youtube That show carborators being cleaned Or restored,engine tune-ups but no stator plate reinstalment.
I have connected a insulated wire from the engine to the tiller frame. Now i have connectivity (ground) on the engine and fire on the points.
This is the one thing that will run any body crazy trying to find out what is WRONG!

Praise the Lord! Happy days are here again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts