My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old walk behind that I would like to attach a sulky to. I have attached some pics for clarification. My local JD dealer says they don't sell anything for this anymore. I have seen aftermarket sulkies I like but I would really like to see how the OEM sulky attaches to this kind of deck. Does anyone have a pic for me?

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the site! :)

A Google search brought up a few photos similar to this one. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a large close up imagine that shows how they attach to the machine.

I come across these on Ebay all the time, I wonder if something like this could be made to work?
Lawn Mower Sulky, Dual Wheel, Custom Built with Adj arm | eBay

I would also call around to other JD dealers, give them the model # of your machine and see if they can't supply you with a part number or any other additional info regarding a sulky (or brand of sulky) that is made to work inconjunction with your particular machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I actually have an e-mail into that exact sulky manufacturer along with the same photos of my mower to see if they have any ideas. I have not heard back from them yet. I was just curious to see how the factory one hooked up to give me an idea of how I would need to alter the bracket for an after market sulky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts