My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'd like to get a new riding mower. I'm thinking zero turn riding mower. I have a corner lot house. Decent size front yard but can't be more than a 1/2 acre. Got trees, bushes, and landscaping. Back yard is a bitsmaller but more trees and obstacles. Located in Pensacola Florida, always hot and humid. I'd like to keep the mower under 5,000. Also want a bagger. Any model suggestions? John Deere, Toro, exmark ... cub. I'm thinking the deck shouldn't bee too wide. I've had my fill of large store mowers over the years. So, any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks like you've already seen my suggestion... Sounds like a 42" deck would work. All those 4 brands are good options (you have them in the right order, too).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you've already seen my suggestion... Sounds like a 42" deck would work. All those 4 brands are good options (you have them in the right order, too).
Thanks. If they are in the right order I'll just stay with top two manufacturers. I'll also stay with 42. Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'd like to get a new riding mower. I'm thinking zero turn riding mower. I have a corner lot house. Decent size front yard but can't be more than a 1/2 acre. Got trees, bushes, and landscaping. Back yard is a bitsmaller but more trees and obstacles. Located in Pensacola Florida, always hot and humid. I'd like to keep the mower under 5,000. Also want a bagger. Any model suggestions? John Deere, Toro, exmark ... cub. I'm thinking the deck shouldn't bee too wide. I've had my fill of large store mowers over the years. So, any suggestions? Thanks.
Virtually identical situation here, bought my first ZTR after having done extensive research. Decided early for a Toro due to superior bagging system (and machine) compared to competition.
Wanted 50" deck but no bagger available until 2023. Went for 42 inch, still found a bagger via Home Depot (now only available elsewhere, probably running out fast).
Very happy with the 42 TimeCutter (fabricated deck, but even this went out of stock on the Toro website, still found at a dealer, paid extra for it..)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Virtually identical situation here, bought my first ZTR after having done extensive research. Decided early for a Toro due to superior bagging system (and machine) compared to competition.
Wanted 50" deck but no bagger available until 2023. Went for 42 inch, still found a bagger via Home Depot (now only available elsewhere, probably running out fast).
Very happy with the 42 TimeCutter (fabricated deck, but even this went out of stock on the Toro website, still found at a dealer, paid extra for it..)
Thanks. I think I'm headed in the same direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts