My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a question ( or two) on a STX 38 black deck I got in a trade deal. When I got it, it had no brakes and you could push it around so I adjusted the pads. Now it won't move. I backed off the brake and still won't any ideas? I got it running and it will move but don't want to.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hi, bet your brake lever rod is stuck on! Try to move it while looking under tractor ( a friend will help! ) I bet you will see it stuck. Try a little lube on linkages and also check that the disc will float move! Could be cocked and binding.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, I looked at the Ebrake and it was ok more or less. Found the problem. Back in the pad area the lever that applies pressure to the disc has two pins inside apparently the brakes haven't worked forever and when I tightened it those pins stuck out not releasing the pads. I took it off and it moves. When I get a minute I'll repair it. Is there a place I. An go to get the belt diagram for the deck? I also need to find out what starters fit that engine IE will the 12.5 horse fit? Any other brands as long as the engine is kohler? :dunno: thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts