My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LA145, about 6 yrs old. While mowing the other day, the blades just stopped. I know I didn't hit anything, but I thought I heard a "clunk" or "thump" just as the blades stopped. The belt and tension is fine and so is the battery, so I started to look at the PTO switch. Attached a new one to the connector, still nothing going on with the blades. I disconnected the wiring harness from the clutch, had my wife sit on the machine and start it, and put a voltage tester into the 2 cavity harness that I just disconnected from the clutch. When the PTO switch was engaged, it showed 12 volts at the terminal. So now I'm thinking bad clutch. Bought a new one, installed it, and still no blade action. I have no idea what to do next. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mart

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Wonder if that 12V could be dropping down with the load of the clutch on it due to a bad connection (12V or ground) someplace? Maybe see if you can trace the wires to the clutch back to someplace where you can safely connect the volt meter again and see what they read voltage wise. Unfortunately I don't have an electrical diagram for that model. I suspect even a loose connecter on the reverse safety cutout switch could cause something like that.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hello, how is the battery and charging system? Without the clutch load,it might test ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts