My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I might as well adjust the valves on the Stihl Km130, since I got it running already. Easy, right? Well that depends on what feeler gauge you use! I must have spent half an hour messing with it and getting nowhere. Eventually, I started it up, but promptly quit, because the engine started vibrating like a Homelite handheld:eek:! I took it apart again, and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, I suddenly realized how stupid I had been; the gauge sold by Stihl in their valve adjust kit was tapered at the end!:bag: Once I "improved" the business end of my feeler gauge with tinsnips, I got it adjusted and running as smooth as usual within 5 minutes. I just figured I'd throw this out there for anybody with one of these 4-mix units, 'cause I sure wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else!:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Five Points! I have never heard of tech exchange, but it sounds interesting! Am I supposed to create a document on a program like Word, and then copy it? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
You could do it that way or a little at a time. We have a secret place for you to create an article uninterrupted and we encourage a lot of pictures. Check out some of the articles there and see how they are done and let me know with a PM. I didn't mean to hijack your post here ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts