My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Professional G Series riding tractor. Recently I finished rebuilding the transmission --- a very bumpy and rough, long road --- and got the tractor going again. It has been idle for over two years, but it started easily but ran roughly.

I cleaned the carb and reset the needles, but the tractor stalls when I try to run at a higher speed when in "high" range. It works fine under low speed in the "low" range. I suspect it is not getting enough gas. The fuel filter is clean and I can see the gas trickling through it. Everything I can think of checks out.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

All responses appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stalls under load

It tried to stall when running under high speed in the high range. I adjusted the carb and ran it again. This time is backfired while running at high speed even on level ground. It did not backfire when shutting off.

I suspect either it requires more complete carb work or the points/condensor are shot. I need help here.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a thorough job on the carb and blew out the gas lines. And after tinkering with the clutch adjustments. It runs like a charm now.

Thanks for the interest. I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts