My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You may recall that I currently own a Craftsman YS4500 with the Kohler Courage. I'm in the process of selling one home and purchasing another due to job change. I'll be selling that Craftsman tractor to the new owner of my home.

To fill the void in my shed, it looks like I'll soon be the owner of an International Cub 102! My friend/boss brought it back from the dead and is now downsizing his fleet.

It will immediately put into service on my new property...mowing (modest 38" deck) & also pulling/positioning an 18' Starcraft (Aluminum) around the grounds.

Any tips/comments on what to watch-out for on this tractor & k-series engine would be appreciated! :cool

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
You sir look to have gotten a sweet tractor!! Wow looks very nice! Those old machines are strong!!

Reactions: classiccat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eric!

I figured that this crowd would appreciate this old beast! He did a great job on it. I'll get more details (and pics!) mid-july ...when I move.

I was in the market for a wheelhorse project machine...but I would be crazy to pass on this old Cub!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow, I love it!!! Very, very cool. :2th: Congrats on such a nice machine and for choosing a vintage one too!

Nothing like putting a restored machine to work. I think that's one of the most appealing things you can do in this hobby.

Please keep us posted with plenty of photos! I'm sure you're going to have a blast with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was already excited about the new house/property (And ending a year-long 1 1/2hr daily commute to work.)

Starting things off in a vintage cub is just icing on the cake man! Yeeaah!

Thanks for sharing the joy! You guys rock!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
1 1/2 commute! YIKES! Makes my 40+ minute look like cake walk! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Mine is Rte17 south to Orange county. Very happy with the new car.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Very nice looking tractor indeed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts