My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad did this a while ago and I forgot to mention it. We cleaned all the cars today and I detailed it for him. I am on fence with look tell you truth. Not my truck, I might go with bigger wheels/tires if mine.
Still the rust was not as bad as it looked. He repaired it and primed and painted area first.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I might go with bigger wheels/tires if mine.
Yup, Fender flares will definitely do that. They'll make your wheels look smaller and more pushed in. If it were mine I'd probably keep them and get bigger tires and wheels and fill 'em out. I know it's your Dad's truck though so that's probably not something he'd want to do.

That said, I think it could look worse in it's current state. Often times you see the big Bushwackers stuck on a stock truck and the wheels look really tucked in. From what I see in the photos, it doesn't look too bad. They're nice though because they protect the paint in susceptible areas on a truck. I'd also say make the decision soon because they may begin leaving a mark on the paint after a while..

Post a comparison picture without them to get a better idea.

You can also get smaller fender flares. Bushwacker sells several different sizes and types. There's a nice "OE" range that's a lot smaller than the the Pocket style that you have on currently. Chevy might also offer a factory option as well. I'd say return them and go with with a smaller type instead. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dad ordered them and loves the look! Good thing the wheels he bought last year or so are bigger! We looked into factory style and they were too much for his budget. These were on sale to boot! Funny you picked that pic, he had that same cap once!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Looks good Eric. That's one bad thing about living in your area, salt with winter weather.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Turned out really nice. It really shines in the sun. :2th:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts