My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy called us today wanting to buy the Murray we had. He wanted it delivered a little ways away from us and said he would pay asking fee and give us this MTD as delivery fee. Claimed it ran/mowed, needed to be jumped to work. We loaded the truck and left hoping this was not a scam type deal or some trickery. Thank God it was a older man that was working today and trusted my ad enough to buy sight unseen!
This tractor he traded in appeared as he said. We got home and the poor thing was so loaded with grass clipping! We made mistake to think we could blow grass out, it was only 30% most of day here and thoughts of water hose wasn't fun! Think we made a huge mistake both physically and clean wise! Poor garage took beating and my lungs/nose is not feeling well! :(
Tractor is in good shape, belts/blades are good as is body. Turned out fuse was blown and battery dead. Starts nice with jump and everything works. He welded the seat so safety is gone ,this is first issue to repair!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It looks like it's been stored in doors from what the pics show!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Yep, proof positive that you have to stay on top of keeping the top of the mower deck cleaned off. You have to wonder sometimes how the mandrels and belts are able to move. Otherwise, it does look to be in pretty good shape.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I'd say this might turn out to be more profitable than collecting a delivery fee after you get through with it. If the deck is the most you're up against.... You guys got off easy :sidelaugh

Looking forward to seeing you two whip that classic into shape! :ThumbUp:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol it seems to be only in need of oil change and detailing! Got gator blades!! Austen, guy claimed to be original owner and always indoors!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We cleaned it up today and mounted the deck on it. Dad tried to mount a 42" we had from another MTD, would not fit due to tire rub? Dad welded up the crack and fixed damage best he could. It seems to work well, used it to tow the sweeper.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looking good!

You keep teasing me with the old GT's in the background. Soon you'll be prepping them for snow removal I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Just glad I don't have a part in that! We're doing bad if the bridge gets ice on it..... Other than that we don't get any snow days off :bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
AUSTEN!! Stop reminding me that snow season is coming! I've yet to drag out the blower! :sidelaugh ;)
:sidelaugh

I'll gladly take some of it! :2th:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good Eric, glad you got a good deal! We has 2 similar, one badged as power tech and the other as mastercraft. Both were very rough and ended up going to the big field in the sky. A lot of the brackets are what we used for stuff on the YT blower build actually!

Keep up the good work :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Mike!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts