My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting your snow throwers set up for Winter?

• Have any preferred models or brands?
  • Have any recommendations?
  • Do you have any pictures of your equipment set up and/or stories you would like to share?
This is the place to do it! Let us know what your doing to prep for Winter!

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Here's my hitech equipment... :D

Actually more powerful then then you would think with only 3 hp. but it will go through wet snow over the top of the augar with little trouble even where the city piles it up at the street. Downside is it is not self propelled. The drive is just enough of an incline to be nasty with a little ice. My old Elcamino would slide back into the street after I parked if I did not put something gritty under the rear tires. Most of the time my 4x4 will stick to it as long as I leave it locked in 4 wheel drive.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Now that looks like a very nicely kept snowblower!

When it comes to snow plowing, I found that this is my machine of choice. :D

(Nooo, I don't actually use it for that purpose but it does get the job done surprisingly well.) ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My first thought was "Whats a snow thrower?" After seeing your pictures my next thought was "How Cool! The make a machine that will pick up the snow, make snowballs and throw them at people". :ROFL :bag: Being in So. Cal, we don't see snow often where I live, maybe a few flakes at a time, once every 4 years a light dusting thats gone right after sun-up. Even where I was raised in West Texas we didn't get enough to need a snow thrower/blower, so that is one thing I have never ran or worked on. And hope I never have to.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the best I can do for now guys...

Anyways, a snow thrower in Central Florida is at most, a conversation piece. :D

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to ask, how did something like that make it's way to central Florida in the first place? Got to be almost as rare as a palm tree in Illinois.
It was part of a package deal, A fellow from Michigan moved down here just south of me who had a MF7, MF12, snowthrower and a bunch of various parts. He had to get rid of them due to the HOA rules and no place to keep them. He wanted them to go to someone who would do something with them and didn't want them going to the scrapper.

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
It was part of a package deal, A fellow from Michigan moved down here just south of me who had a MF7, MF12, snowthrower and a bunch of various parts. He had to get rid of them due to the HOA rules and no place to keep them. He wanted them to go to someone who would do something with them and didn't want them going to the scrapper.
I trust you're letting the previous owner come out and play with his old tractors.:cool

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I trust you're letting the previous owner come out and play with his old tractors.
Actually we keep in touch and our daughters have become pen pals. They are "Good People". We're fortunate to have met them. :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, any of our new members have any snowblower stories or pictures they would like to add?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's nice, it looks like you just picked it up from the dealership this morning!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
For My Fleet I have a Toro s200 and a Ariens Metro 2837

I don't have actual photos, so here are some Google Images.

Then we have the Ariens "metro".
It is truly an amazing machine, It combines 2-cycle speed with 2 stage power.

-Stan :D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Here's my hitech equipment... :D

Actually more powerful then then you would think with only 3 hp. but it will go through wet snow over the top of the augar with little trouble even where the city piles it up at the street. Downside is it is not self propelled. The drive is just enough of an incline to be nasty with a little ice. My old Elcamino would slide back into the street after I parked if I did not put something gritty under the rear tires. Most of the time my 4x4 will stick to it as long as I leave it locked in 4 wheel drive.

Just saying, That thing is awesome... It almost looks like the snowblower version of a Yazoo mower.

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Got mine out to wipe the dust off of them since all they're doing is sitting in the garage. All dressed up and no where to go, so to speak. It can snow here any time now. I think I'm ready.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice picture of your equip there B1. All dressed up and no where to snow blow! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Thanks, I just picked the Powerlite up this last spring at a church rummage sale. Doesn't look like it had been used much. I've heard that the engine in it is pretty much a perfect match for the width of the auger. Can't wait to get some snow to try it out.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts