My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting colder, and time for mowing might be about done for many of us. Good thing about it is we get a chance to get out another piece of outdoor power equipment.

Anybody getting their snow blowers ready?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Tested my little S-200 A few weeks back when we had a dusting.. Worked great.. The fuel was from when I bought it this spring and added Sta-Bil.

I may be looking at picking up an HS35 though.. I've heard those things are awesome!

-Stan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can't wait to use my Craftsman. :idea: It started on the first pull after sitting for 2+ months! :2th:

Reactions: Austen

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I've had the Craftsman 28 incher ready for a while, and I'm gonna test it again on Wednesday, cause I get a half-day at school. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Those little S200s seem to go on and on and on. Fine looking Craftsman fanatic. Looks like you've taken good care of it. Hope you guys can post some videos of them all slinging the snow when it gets here.

I've gotten my HS622 out and started up and I should look it over a bit more before it's really needed. I put new paddles, scraper bar, belt and spark plug into the Toro Powerlite. Earlier I'd replaced the electric starter motor on it. Not that it needed the electric start, but it was there, didn't work so it just seemed the right thing to do.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Snow blower, huh. May be the only thing Eddleman didn't make. :dunno: Hafta ask Ken. Don't have much use for those down here.:scratch:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Well I got my 1974 ST-12 snow blower ready, the 1996 Craftsman blower out, the 1967 SS10 plow and the Jacobsen snow blower all out and run! I guess I am as ready as I can be!!! Should get them out for a picture!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Can't wait to use my Craftsman. :idea: It started on the first pull after sitting for 2+ months! :2th:

That's a really clean machine! Thanks for posting the photo. :ThumbUp:
I've gotten my HS622 out and started up and I should look it over a bit more before it's really needed. I put new paddles, scraper bar, belt and spark plug into the Toro Powerlite. Earlier I'd replaced the electric starter motor on it. Not that it needed the electric start, but it was there, didn't work so it just seemed the right thing to do.
It sounds like you're already to go! :)

Well I got my 1974 ST-12 snow blower ready, the 1996 Craftsman blower out, the 1967 SS10 plow and the Jacobsen snow blower all out and run! I guess I am as ready as I can be!!! Should get them out for a picture!
What a nice collection!

I've never had any experience myself with a snowblower but they're sure fun to watch. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Austen, you got to come play!! I no like cold anymore!! You can be stunt double! I watch from heated living room!! ;) LOL
Seriously, can be pain when wind is strong and blows it back onto you!! You feel like a snow man after a while! Been known for us to snow blow and stay inside for rest of day warming up!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
You need one of these, Eric

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:ditto::cool That would be awesome when the crosswinds started blowing the crystals back on you. It's no fun when it gets in under your hood! :sidelaugh

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Those little S200s seem to go on and on and on. Fine looking Craftsman fanatic. Looks like you've taken good care of it. Hope you guys can post some videos of them all slinging the snow when it gets here.

Here is My S-200, and S-120 (The S-120 Pic is Stock Sorry)

The S-120 Is a wonderful little machine, It will blow snow as tall as it and then some, Built like a tank.. Needs some new paddles though..

-Stan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of our local weathermen must be getting more snow in his back yard than the rest of the area. He said last night that he's had measurable snow at his house four times so far this year! Even if it isn't measurable, we've definitely had more snow showers than usual before Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
You need one of these, Eric

OHHH ME LIKE!!! :sidelaugh
Wonder if I can make it out of the tarp covering it................... :ROFL:sorry:

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Well, I guess with the first one you can either shovel the snow or turn it around and ride down the hill in it.:sidelaugh

1 - 20 of 53 Posts