My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 John Deere X320. While going through this winter in upstate NY, I'm wondering if I might be better off getting a snow blower for the tractor. I have a flat driveway about 50' long. I use an Ariens 24" walk behind now that does the job but I thought if I got a blower for the lawn tractor I might do a couple of the neighbors driveways. The one neighbor has limited space for putting snow. I do her driveway with my JD 3520 with a back blade and the front loader. She's got a pile of snow up to the garage roof now and it's encroaching on the rest of the parking area. I thought if I used a snow blower on it I could avoid that great big pile of snow. I like to use the snow blower because I don't have these big piles in the yard, and I can see better pulling out of the driveway. Anybody have any experience with the X320 with a snow blower on it? Will it handle it and I'm guessing I would have to put tire chains on it too. Or not?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. I can't speak on x-series ownership but have a lot of experience with blower tractors. Mine are single stage and they do quite well throwing snow sometimes up to 20-30'. A x with two stage should do as well or better. You need weights at least and most likely chains.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts