My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have J D 335 with a snow blower this is the first year using it.When you touch the reverse pedal the blower stops unless you are holding that little lever up and it's a pain! It's hard to hold the lever up and raise the blower with the same hand and steer with the other! I feel it's hard on the belts to keep starting the blower. Any one have any sugestions for this problem? YOPPER

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It almost sounds like it's missing a spring-? or some other part. Have you checked any microfiches that show how it all goes together to confirm it's all there?

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Electric clutch and the mow in reverse safety switch cutting it out?

Tecnically we are restricted on giving specific how to instructions for bypassing safety switches per forum house rules.

http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/57-rules-forum/422-basic-house-rules.html

5. No Illegal Suggestions Please no pointers, how-to's, advocating, etc of any illegal activity. (example: By-passing Safety Switches)

Having said that, keep in mind switches are either electrically open or closed and it is your reverse pedal that seems to be doing the switching. Just be sure to undo what you unplug or jumper before reinstalling the mower deck. ;)

Kind of surprised a 335 does not have a lockout on that switch for snow blowing and other uses of the PTO besides mowing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS Guys and yes it is a safty switch and the bypass is holding the lever up manualy untill you push on the forward pedal.I guess I just need one more hand!! I will check out how it works in the spring when I put the mower deck back on. I bet the guy that comes up with all these safty switchs hires his yard work done!!!! YOPPER

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the operator chooses to reposition the tractor in reverse with the PTO engaged, the operator must pull up on the PTO/RIP switch handle before placing the tractor in reverse. Once the tractor is traveling in reverse the operator can release the PTO/RIP handle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts