My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Craftsman Lawn Tractor model 917.273090 and would like to put on a snow blade. The Sears chart lists Craftsman snow blade 24414, which is a 16" blade, as the one to use. I have a chance to buy a Craftsman snow blade 24441 from a friend; it is a 14" blade recommended for tractors with tires 22" or less. My tires are 23". Would I be able to mount the 24441 on my tractor and would it work?
Thanks

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
One way to tell would be to pull up the owners manual for each which includes installation instructions and compare how they mount on and if you have the same mounting holes on yours. I started to download them to have a look but Sears site is down for maintenance overnight. But looking at the exploded parts views looks like two different setups. One mounts mainly on the front and the other has support braces that run to the back of the frame.

42" SNOW BLADE Diagram & Parts List for Model 48624441 Craftsman-Parts Snow-Removal-Equipment-Parts | SearsPartsDirect

48" DOZER BLADE Diagram & Parts List for Model 486-24414 Craftsman-Parts All-Products-Parts | SearsPartsDirect

I suspect the reason they run supports to the back on the smaller tractors is to increase rigidity since the frame would be lighter on smaller tractors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I can see I don't have much choice. Maybe I will look around to see if there are other brands that might fit my machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts