My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having trouble starting my old Snapper/Wisconsin-Robin walk behind. Spark is getting very weak. I’m guessing I need a new coil (not an expert on this). I’ve browsed through MTF-threads and it appears WR engine parts are very hard to find. The motor is still strong and does not burn oil; I hate to get rid of my old friend over a coil. It’s the one and only mower I’ve ever owned (bought new 21 years ago). Anyone have suggestions on where I can start my search? Thank you in advance!
Dave

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Finding ignition parts for old engines can be a challenge for sure. I know I've looked for them for Jacobsens, and they can be as scarce as hen's teeth.

Don't know if you have this or not, if you do, here's another copy of the parts list for the engine.

http://vrr.dyndns.biz/Docs/OLE/WisconsinRobin/WR-W1-145V_185V-ILP.pdf

Ebay is a good place to start. There's a few listed when I searched for Wisconsin Robin coil, but I was uncertain of the one you needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you~A part number would certainly help me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, Thanks again! I think one of those in the link will work. I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to update you and thank you again for your help! The part in the link is not a match, but I got energized :idea: and called Houston area Snapper dealers (most all of them) looking for old stock. I found a complete and slightly newer-used WI-145V motor~reasonably priced. Looks like ol red may outlast my curent wife :2th:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I just wanted to update you and thank you again for your help! The part in the link is not a match, but I got energized :idea: and called Houston area Snapper dealers (most all of them) looking for old stock. I found a complete and slightly newer-used WI-145V motor~reasonably priced. Looks like ol red may outlast my curent wife :2th:
Well good! Glad to hear you found a replacement, for the mower that is.:2th:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Glad you found an engine for the old Snapper, you have any pics of the Ole Girl? :pics: Do you have to send in the old engine as a core or are you going to hang on to it and maybe tinker on it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts