My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 snapper hi vac that has some rust on the underside of the deck. I'd like to clean it up and paint it. can I get the correct paint at my dealer? has anyone found a cheaper alternative?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Seeing as it's under the deck, Does the color really matter?

I'd just clean it really well and buy an outdoor anti-rust paint and apply it liberally.. Heck, If you wanted to be fancy.. You could use red! :)

-Stan

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
I would certainly think a Snapper dealer could get you the official touch up paint, but here's what one fellow (JayC) over on MTF used.

"I discovered that Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Cherry Red spray paint ($4 at WalMart) is a dead-on perfect match for Snapper red."

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeing as it's under the deck, Does the color really matter?

I'd just clean it really well and buy an outdoor anti-rust paint and apply it liberally.. Heck, If you wanted to be fancy.. You could use red! :)

-Stan
Theres some rust around the side discharge opening and it can be seen from above, thats why I was worried about matching the color. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it either.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would certainly think a Snapper dealer could get you the official touch up paint, but here's what one fellow (JayC) over on MTF used.

"I discovered that Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Cherry Red spray paint ($4 at WalMart) is a dead-on perfect match for Snapper red."
Does it match the older snapper red, or the newer ones? I swear the older stuff used a darker red.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I think the older red is close to the MF red from TSC "Majik" brand paint. I don't like using the spray cans but I'm alright getting it in the can and mixing it myself with a lot of hardener.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts