1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Im just gald my Snappers are "vintage" :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The commercial models look reasonably robust.. However, awhile ago I had a "BIG SIX" Snapper and it gave me nothing but problem after problem.. Mostly to do with its incredibly flimsy plastic transmission/diff assy.. And the rubbish disc drive system..

Y'know, It almost looks like they were copying an Ariens :bag:

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Also, Snapper had a thing going for awhile.. The whole "Ninja" Thing..
That Was Snapper... the legendary mulcher..

Hey, They even got so good.. Someone tried to copy them!

The Murray ULTRA... Or the "Quasar_Platform" As a dealer informed me it was codenamed within the company

I owned one for years when I was much younger.. They pretty much tried to copy snapper in every way possible.. From the deck design, To the interchangeable chutes, to the awful proprietary blade design... It was a truly awful machine..

The one in the picture has had the engine replaced, which is the one thing I have no idea why.. The engine was the best part it had a B+S Quantum "Diamond" Cast Iron bore.. Made Exclusively for this machine.. Which was a progenitor to the Briggs I/C Engines.. And was really an incredible engine.

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Sorry for making so many consecutive Posts here..

They Rebadged the "Ultra" Into the "Sentinel" A few months later.. Due to the awful sales of the "Ultra"...

Photo Time

However, This brand also did badly buy the looks.. Only marginally more sucessfull than the Ill fated "ULTRA"

Mabye sharing the "Quasar_Platform" Did something to impeed they're sale... Hm
-Stan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Every one has try copy snapper. A few ex. John deere, craftsman,cub cadet ,troy bilt ,bad boy, lawn boy,]husquner, Murry ,and etc. .Have try to copy snapper hi vac bagging, system found on the push mowers. I think the real snapper sp are still the hi vac and the ninja . The rest like the new sp series ,nxt ,se ,spx are junk . Keep them old snappers alive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts