My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received a Snapper 30115S from my Uncle. Its has a 30inch deck on it but I will be swapping it out to a 28 inch HiVac Mulching deck.
So I guess I'll use this thread to report on the rebuild and get advice.

First question, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model? It has the 11 HP Briggs and Stratton Motor with electric and pull start.

Second question, Snapper Parts distributor said theparts for this mower are the same as the 3011X5S. Anyone care to confirm or refute that?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the X mowers had 4 planetary gears in the rear axle instead of 2 and a bearing instead of a bushing on the right side of the axle. Maybe something about the steering connectors being different. That's all on the memory of an old man so beware.
Cannon

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had actually brought a 3011X5S to the garage this afternoon to fool with this weekend while I wait on a carb kit to arrive for the YT16. Here is a picture of the steering joints that are different than my other two RER's. I going to try to put a 6hp engine off a push mower on it just to see what happens.
Cannon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I just received a Snapper 30115S from my Uncle. Its has a 30inch deck on it but I will be swapping it out to a 28 inch HiVac Mulching deck.
So I guess I'll use this thread to report on the rebuild and get advice.

First question, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model? It has the 11 HP Briggs and Stratton Motor with electric and pull start.

Second question, Snapper Parts distributor said theparts for this mower are the same as the 3011X5S. Anyone care to confirm or refute that?

Thanks in advance!
You have a series 5. The X would be for a Heavy duty model. A quick way of telling is if you have replaceable ball joints on the front end. The regular models just have a bent link with a plastic bushing. They also have a little wider stance. And yes, the heavy duty model has two extra pairs of planetary gears. I have 1 of each :2th:
Your # breaks down as 30 for inch cut the 11 for your engine 5 for your series and the S represents options such as electric start.

Here are some manuals for you if you don't have them
http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/for...2601-snapper-series-4-5-6-service-manual.html
http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/for...-assembly-service-operators-parts-manual.html
Yours may have been repowered as the engines were white and I can't tell if yours is or not, just the shroud??

You may not be happy with putting 6 ponies on the Snapper as it may bog down trying to power a 28 inch HyVac deck and they are not a very fast RER to begin with :dunno:
Keep the pictures coming and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep the engine on mine is white, the paint on the lower part of the engine is gone, so it will get a total repaint.
Thanks for the manuals!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Yep the engine on mine is white, the paint on the lower part of the engine is gone, so it will get a total repaint.
Thanks for the manuals!
Your welcome! We look forward to seeing the progress on the old girl. :cool

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Look forward to seeing your posts on the progress.

All this talk about Snapper RERs is making me want one now.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Thanks buddy, I have got to get a bigger garage!

Who ever owns this had run adds for the longest time looking for a replacement engine. They must have given up...:dunno: They used pretty much the same picture when looking for the engine, only difference is now the seat cushion is gone.

Snapper SR830 NO MOTOR!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
They may have gotten to specific on the engine. A lot of single cylinder Briggs would sit right on it. :dunno: It would worth it for the tires if there are not dry rotted. The gas tank if not busted is worth @ 30 - 40 bucks on EBay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dad had one of these. Great little mower - basically what you see is exactly what you get, without pretense. I like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So does anyone have the wiring diagram for this mower? I've been looking through the manuals but can't seem to find anything more specific than the parts list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So now that I've seen the official wiring diagram, I can honestly say it's greek to me. Anyone care to break it down for us?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I have done nothing but research over the past year and a half, but hope to get working on the Snapper soon. Another question for yall. Should I sand blast all the parts before repainting, or is there another process that would be easier and cheaper? Should I buy a sand blaster, and does anyone have an inexpensive suggestion on that one? Thanks again, and I'll try not to take a whole year for an update this time.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
It all depends on how far you want to go. You could just scuff the surface if the paint itself is not peeling or has no rust under it. If rust is present, sanding, wire brush or sand blasting may be necessary.

If you buy a sand blaster, you will need a compressor that will have enough CFM to handle the load. If not you will be forever waiting for the compressor to catch up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts