My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is the kind of story that explains my username. I've been looking for an early '80s 21350P in original condition for years. One reason is because it's the first snapper I remember seeing as a kid, the neighbor kid used to mow our lawn and he'd push his snapper over to our place and I'd watch him mow. I was 3 or 4. Also because I just really like the simple basic design of that old flat-top Briggs engine. So I finally found one in near perfect original condition. Only it was 488 miles away from me in Springfield Oregon. So time for a road trip! I left this morning at exactly 1:50am and got to his place at 9:30am. Took the handle apart to fit it in my trunk (this is the only pic I have of it yet but more to come this weekend) and left before 10:00. When I got home it wound up being a 998-mile 16-hour round trip. And no regrets, no buyers remorse. Very happy to finally find one. Fun little drive, Oregon is beautiful. So it is a 1981 21350P with original bag. It does run but he drained the oil and gas before I picked it up and I'm not even planning on refilling. It's just going to sit on the shelf for display, not to be used. I partially got the handles back together tonight but had to quit, too tired but will finish Saturday morning and post pics of it and my completed collection in there racks. This one makes one dozen. A bakers dozen with my Honda!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Nice find and addition to the collection :2th: Definitely a die hard fan for a drive like that too! I've made a few drives myself but not one like that, yet...
Can't wait to see the collection.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Yep, that explains the screen name alright! I showed your post to my wife, and said see, I'm not the only one. Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing the neat story. You'll be able to reflect on those times whenever you see it. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, sorry but I'm still working on uploading more than one image per post so going to have to post a few times here for pics. Got it wiped down and up on the shelf.

Here's the rest of that rack of mowers...

...and the other side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
A Snapper museum in the making! Thanks for posting. You going to add some riders or old Snappin Turtle mowers to the collection?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Snapper museum in the making! Thanks for posting. You going to add some riders or old Snappin Turtle mowers to the collection?
No plans to add any riders now but I wouldn't mind finding an old 1855 or 1655 someday. Hardly ever see them around here but l do like those big tractors. Most likely I'll stick with the walk behinds. A tractor would fill the gap in between the racks though!

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll tell ya, you start adding those riders and you'll find you'll be adding a building to the yard! ;)
True...because I obviously couldn't stop with just one!

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Snapperfreak, trust me you act like eating potato chips, can't stop at one!!!! ;)
We have 1/4 acre if that to mow, we have um.......................too MANY tractors!!! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Snapperfreak, trust me you act like eating potato chips, can't stop at one!!!! ;)
We have 1/4 acre if that to mow, we have um.......................too MANY tractors!!! :)
Yessir, you're absolutely right. Mowers, tractors,...it sure is fun huh?!?! I often like the journeys going to get some of these machines as much as getting them. Especially if it's from an original owner. The whole experience of finding them, meeting an interesting previous owner (sometimes) and then bringing it home to clean up is very enjoyable. And I can think of a few tractors I'd like to have...the 1655/1855 I mentioned, craftsman gt5000 and gt6000, hmmmm....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Snapper Power!!

Good job!! on Finding the last mower you needed for your collection. :ThumbUp:
I am sure you will find another one you need some day!! LOL I think I told you I have 2 still here I want to restore. Aluminum decks. Thanks for your inspiration !!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
The biggest problem I see, when it comes to collecting, is not that you can never find something else to add, it's that the garage isn't big enough to hold the ones you've found.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good job!! on Finding the last mower you needed for your collection. :ThumbUp:
I am sure you will find another one you need some day!! LOL I think I told you I have 2 still here I want to restore. Aluminum decks. Thanks for your inspiration !!
Thank you and yes I am looking foreward to pics of your restorations!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The biggest problem I see, when it comes to collecting, is not that you can never find something else to add, it's that the garage isn't big enough to hold the ones you've found.
True, more will I'm sure pop up that I can't live without but space is definitely running out!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's some better pics of it out in the open. Not sure how I thought I'd be able to just look at this and not use it. It runs perfectly. It won't see much use but I will have to mow with it on occasion.

Attachments

Reactions: Golphin and bwdbrn1

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...and here.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts