My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this 281222BE for free and now I do know it actually runs and drives. Haven't tried out the mower yet. I'm having quite a hard time getting it to start up easily and reliably. It came with the carb, original or not, off the engine when I got it. It was missing the air cleaner and hardware. Once I got all the parts I bought a cheap ebay carburetor referencing the carb number from the 28M707-166-E1 Briggs parts diagram. Well it will start and run. But when I was trying to adjust it to run smoother it died when the idle got too low and then I couldn't get it started again. I'm wanting to rebuild the carburetor that was given to me with the mower, a Nikki carburetor that doesn't even use an idle mixture screw. There's no numbers on it at all but it just says Nikki. The rebuild kit is kind of hard to find and expensive. Would rebuilding this make the mower run better or easier to start? Does anyone know a generic rebuild kit for this carburetor? I'm also stumped at the meaning of the symbol between the Rabbit and the Turtle on the throttle control. There's no mention of it in the manual and the few responses I've had elsewhere about it weren't sure either. I don't know if that's a position not to put it in while it's running or what. Engine sounds good, no noises, or smoke. How easy should these engines start up?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts