My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about using that bottle of Slime, that can of FIX A FLAT, or any other tire sealant? Hope you are not the one changing the tire!!

It may seem like a quick fix, and it is, however you or the next guy will be spending extra time cleaning, scraping, sand blasting and painting in the end.

This was a Cadet Yard Bug wheel that I thought I would be able to do a quick swap of tires.

Automotive tire Light Tread Motor vehicle Tire

This was the first thing I saw.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

The inside of the tire.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Tread

I thought the rim was trashed, just a nasty mess.

OK, quick job.....scrape the rim, rinse the rim, dry the rim, sand blast the rim, clean rim again, paint the rim, wait a week for paint to dry...I live in Florida the humidity state..

OK ready for tire!

Automotive tire Wheel Fluid Wood Rim

All dry and ready to go!

Wood Creative arts Dishware Sculpture Serveware

Valve stem mounted.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire mounted and aired up..Piece of cake!

Some (most) of the tire sealants have some type of rust inhibitor in them, but they still take their toll on your rim.

In my most humble opinion, which does not reflect the opinions of MLF or the staff, Go buy an inner tube or replace the tire!

Thank you and be safe.

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, in an emergency situation, you do what you have to do! But when time is on your side you get it fixed properly, where as myself, I have never been in an emergency where I just had to get my yard cut. :D
The nasty cases are the ones that this is the permanent fix for their flat and eventually someone pays! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.