·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: BOSOX

·
Registered
499 Posts
My wife found that a short while back Eric, she likes it a bunch!

The Blackout is a really slick ride.........but I'm still digging my Red Imp! I do like the one off wheels on the BO car, very cool!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just came up on my Facebook feed?? Figures you found it already! :)
Saw one today like yours. Seem to be popular around here!

Reactions: BOSOX

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think they showed the "Blackout" off at the SEMA Show, out Austin's way, in California.

This rather large rig has been calling me lately (cumby cell phone picture), it's for sale on my route. It's an XLT trimmed Ford Excursion Diesel truck with all new lifted suspension, shocks, steering stabilizers, wheels and tires. He also added the rocker panel and wheel opening trim work. It's rather nice to look at and would travel the family around nicely and have room to spare with third row seating. It has a solid 1 ton axle up front which is very cool. About the only thing I'd like in it is a manual transmission for towing.

Like I said, it's been calling me, but I'm not answering!!! I have no need for such a BIG Rig, but it would be cool just the same.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figures, us ******** in NY don't get told until its too late! ;) LOL
Oh, wonder about this flagging myself again.............
Guess I need sleep soon! ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nahhh, we were just looking around for any and all info we could find on the new car and stumbled into it.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looks stealthy although I do think it looks better in red. ;)

I think they showed the "Blackout" off at the SEMA Show, out Austin's way, in California.

This rather large rig has been calling me lately (cumby cell phone picture), it's for sale on my route. It's an XLT trimmed Ford Excursion Diesel truck with all new lifted suspension, shocks, steering stabilizers, wheels and tires. He also added the rocker panel and wheel opening trim work. It's rather nice to look at and would travel the family around nicely and have room to spare with third row seating. It has a solid 1 ton axle up front which is very cool. About the only thing I'd like in it is a manual transmission for towing.

Like I said, it's been calling me, but I'm not answering!!! I have no need for such a BIG Rig, but it would be cool just the same.
I've always liked Excursions. The ultimate big family vehicle that made the Suburban look small.

That sounds and looks like a nice truck but if it's a 6 liter as the front end indicates, don't have any regrets on passing. I leave that particular discussion at rest though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good, now I feel better about not touching it! LOL

My wife is already looking at replacements for my Trailblazer. She saw a new Colorado quad cab the other day at a traffic light. She says that may well be our next tow vehicle. I just read an article on them, they come with the 305hp 3.6ltr V6 that the Impala (and so many other GM vehicles) come with. The 4 doors would be nice with the kids and it's a full frame rig so that's good too. Only other real choice to me is the Traverse but I don't know it's towing capabilities yet. I've got at least 5 years to do my research before I have to worry about it so no rush! Lol

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
A nice, lifted Excursion like that with a Cummins 5.9 or 6.7 would be really cool! :p
Or a 7.3 which was also offered in them. ;)

Speaking of which, in a world where money is no object, there's a conversion company out there that creates "new" 6.7 Powerstroke Excursions amongst other creations. You can get them with the front end, interior and the drivetrain of a new Super Duty. Basically how an X would be today if it was still offered in the Ford lineup.

CABT ...The Stretch Truck Company! Upfitter

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that looks nice as a Excursion!

·
Banned
84 Posts
Or a 7.3 which was also offered in them. ;)

Speaking of which, in a world where money is no object, there's a conversion company out there that creates "new" 6.7 Powerstroke Excursions amongst other creations. You can get them with the front end, interior and the drivetrain of a new Super Duty. Basically how an X would be today if it was still offered in the Ford lineup.

CABT ...The Stretch Truck Company! Upfitter

How could anyone stand driving something with as ugly of a front end as that!?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Have you seen the new Super Dutys?

It's the stock front clip off the 2011 - present F250 & F350's..

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I would drive one. I've preferred the Super Duty front end over the standard F series for years. I like chrome for one thing and it looks like a truck instead of a swelled up pointy car front end. But that's just me. I suppose it's like when Dodge first redesigned years ago from the rectangular picture frame used on virtually everything from the 1970's through the 1980's and went to the raised hood and radiator grill with lowered side fenders for sort of a big rig look. It was another one of those designs where you loved or hated it too. I liked it.

To each his own!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Put me down as another person who wouldn't mind driving it. I own a '13 Duramax Silverado, but I like and appreciate the Ford look and power train.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put me down as another person who wouldn't mind driving it. I own a '13 Duramax Silverado, but I like and appreciate the Ford look and power train.
Hey Ellis,what do you think of that Duramaxs power? Really impressed me with work truck power!��

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tell you truth, I don't mind the looks of most of the new machines. I enjoy all the new tech engineers are coming up with!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts