My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I have a oldish lawn prince 18.

Lawn Prince 18" 64D18 28188 1963

It has been in my family for quite a while.. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a service manual. It is working or was last time I used it about 8 years ago. I was thinking it should get a little love this spring. So oil change and I would like to sharpen the reel blades.

Thanks for any help

Juan

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Jacobsen Textron does have some manuals for the older Jakes in their archives. They were very helpful in sending me a couple of pdf's for two that I have. Email them with the name, serial number and what you're looking for, and perhaps they'll have one for you.

Jacobsen and Ransomes Jacobsen - Renowned for Turf Maintenance Solutions

We'd like to see a picture or two of your mower if you have any.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Jacobsen Textron does have some manuals for the older Jakes in their archives. They were very helpful in sending me a couple of pdf's for two that I have. Email them with the name, serial number and what you're looking for, and perhaps they'll have one for you.

Jacobsen and Ransomes Jacobsen - Renowned for Turf Maintenance Solutions

We'd like to see a picture or two of your mower if you have any.
Thanks, I will send them an e-mail. And I will have a picture of it in a few days. Its currently sitting in a bunch of stuff. Plus it would like to clean it up some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lawn Prince 18 Photos and updates

Hello Everyone, changed spark plug, filled her up with oil a few pulls later it was running pretty well. Cut my yard which was pretty over grown. The mower was impressive. It did not bog down at all even trough some thick grass in the back yard. Stuff that would make my $250 Toro choke slow down. Below is a URL to some pictures of the mower.

Browse Album :: Mower

Anyway I am pretty happy with it. It does move fast! I had to walk really fast to keep up with it.

Juan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone, I have a oldish lawn prince 18.

Lawn Prince 18" 64D18 28188 1963

It has been in my family for quite a while.. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a service manual. It is working or was last time I used it about 8 years ago. I was thinking it should get a little love this spring. So oil change and I would like to sharpen the reel blades.

Thanks for any help

Juan

Hey Juan.. I too have the same mower. I just bought this at an auction. It had spark and compression, but no go!!

It says something about putting oil and fuel in the air filter?? I don’t understand that. I do not see any fuel in the carburetor so I am not sure what is going on with this. Can you or someone explain what I need to do to get this started? I found the choke and pulled that but still no go. There is fuel in the tank. I am at my wits end!! Any help would be great!’

thank you!
Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts