My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the mulching blade on it along with the mulch cover. Still not happy with how it performs. Guess the Honda'mjlcher mower spoiled me. Anyway, if anybody's got an interest I'm in S.C. Pa. Here are a few pics. Didn'r bother to clean it off. Just snapped a few to give an idea of condition.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It does look brand new! Somebody's going to be getting a really nice machine. :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
If that's "didn't bother to clean it off".... I can't believe what she looks like after a wash! Brings me back to when I owned mine. For what it is... They are a fabulous machine! I hope it finds a good home!!! :)

·
Banned
343 Posts
Got the mulching blade on it along with the mulch cover. Still not happy with how it performs. Guess the Honda'mjlcher mower spoiled me. Anyway, if anybody's got an interest I'm in S.C. Pa. Here are a few pics. Didn'r bother to clean it off. Just snapped a few to give an idea of condition.
Thanks
YOU should have not gotten rid of the SUPER 8 . there BROTHER JOE.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah. My wonderful old Commando 8. That was the nicest piece of equipment I ever owned. I miss seeing it around but after all it is only a machine. They can be replaced. Thing about the old Commando , it was the best looking little tractor I've ever seen. JMHO.
BOTTOM LINE IS i simply don't need a riding mower. The Honda does a fine job. Mulching feature works great and it goes as fast as I can walk. However, it ha no personality, like the Wheel Horse does.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Joe

For those that may be interested. Perhaps you can put some specs. about the machine? Year, Recent maintenance, attachments? and Asking price? or perhaps the link, if your advertising on-line and seriously selling? Just my .02 Good Luck
Nice Looking machine should sell fast.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
For those that may be interested. Perhaps you can put some specs. about the machine? Year, Recent maintenance, attachments? and Asking price? or perhaps the link, if your advertising on-line and seriously selling? Just my .02 Good Luck
Nice Looking machine should sell fast.
Ok here's the info. 28" cut. 11 HP Briggs. Mulcher kit. Unknown year. Never bothered to look it up. Bought with a blown Intek and replaced w/this engine. Have used it off and on for past two years but it cuts too short for my liking. Starts/runs/cuts very well. Not really much need for it since getting the Honda push mower last year. $599 OBO. Thanks for all the nice comments fellas.
Happy 4th!
http://chambersburg.craigslist.org/grd/5101750035.html
And don't overlook the gen-u-wine'Snapper drink bottle! Free w/purchase of mower!:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I always thought it was interesting that Snapper brought back the old RER design. I think by looking at these, that a lot of the parts were stamped from the original dies but of coarse loaded with todays new safety designs.
I don't think that mower is more than 5 - 7 years old?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I don't know what they would go for used but if that was a new engine you put on it, that might be a nice selling feature.

I have found that prices different from region to region. Hope you do well! :2th:

·
Registered
66 Posts
You all think my price is too high? Too low?
Appreciate any and all feedback.
Those Snapper RERs don't come up for sale that often in my area, but I'd say your price is extremely reasonable for the condition that machine appears to be in.

It's hard to buy any kind of riding mower that's not junk in that price range where I live (greater Seattle area).

But 'peak mower' selling season is over for the year - we get a mini-peak in the fall here, when the grass starts to get green again and starts growing for another month. After that, used mower sales are dead until March/April.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those Snapper RERs don't come up for sale that often in my area, but I'd say your price is extremely reasonable for the condition that machine appears to be in.

It's hard to buy any kind of riding mower that's not junk in that price range where I live (greater Seattle area).

But 'peak mower' selling season is over for the year - we get a mini-peak in the fall here, when the grass starts to get green again and starts growing for another month. After that, used mower sales are dead until March/April.
I agree 100%. If I had this mower up for sale in April I'd have people interested. I may hang on to it now, till next spring and put it up for sale again in March/April.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts