My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Appologies if this is in the wrong category, it seemed the most appropriate.

I have a 2yr old Racing (that's the brand name, not what I my lawnmower use it for) RAC5614F self propelled lawn mower which gradually stopped moving.
So I guessed the belt was worn and slipping so I ordered a replacement Z838 belt from the company recommended by the lawnmower manufacture and fitted it. While I had the old belt off I cleaned both the engine traction pulley and the transmission pulley but they weren't too bad.

Same problem, still doesn't move... BUT If I lift the rear wheels off the ground and pull the traction lever then the self propelling system works fine and the wheels go round and stop when I release the lever (so I don't think the cable tension is a problem).

When I look underneath the lawnmower with the engine running and the traction lever engaged the belt looks very lose as if the belt is not tensioned but I can't find anywhere to adjust the belt tension.

According to this website there is a tension pull but I'm unable to adjust anything when I losen it.

Any suggestions?
Do I just need to be more agressive with this tension pull?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks as though the transmission has a support bracket to tension the belt. If the bracket has broken or is out of adjustment that may be why the belt is slack. ?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks as though the transmission has a support bracket to tension the belt. If the bracket has broken or is out of adjustment that may be why the belt is slack. ?????
morning, the tension bracket doesn't appear to be broken but when I loosen the bracket bolt the transmission doesn't move, it's fixed solid.
I think I'll take another look and be a bit more forceful in trying to rotate the transmission to tension the belt.

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had a chance over the w/e to investigate further. Turns out a spring is broken inside the transmission :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts