My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend by going over this zero turn Toro. I was hoping to find a downloadable PDF service manual rather than printing one. This Toro site gives me the opportunity to print one but no information on where I might download one: Parts – TimeCutter Z420 Riding Mower | Toro Does anyone know of a site for one in PDF?

I want to change out the pump belts and the deck belt. I have the deck off and the pump belts change out doesn't look too difficult. He has no records for this machine. I would like to change the pump fluid. I can't find any way to check the fluid level or drain the current fluid. There are two fill/breather tubes behind the seat but checking the level and draining the pumps remain a mystery. Can anyone provide guidance on how I would do that.

I am unfamiliar with this site. I just joined today. A quick look around showed there is a forum for hydrostatic drive questions. I will wait a bit before going there and posting, but that will be my next stop.

Thanks for any help that someone may be able to provide.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something I have learned since my original post:

The pumps on this particular machine do not provide a way to drain the fluid. Apparently if you remove a plate on the bottom of the pump the fluid will drain. However, I was warned by a tech that after doing that many times the area around the plate will leak. I was told that if you added too much fluid the excess would be discharged through the breather tubes.

It seems like an odd setup but that was what I was told.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts